Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: More weak-tightness: AKo TPTK in reraised pot w/ 200BB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So against tight opponents you dont reraise AK pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh I'm probably folding. Raising creates a big pot OOP and you have no idea where you're at. I'd save myself the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats the idea behind the reraise. If the pot is smaller, he has more control since he is in position. When we reraise, we take away a lot of his positional advantage.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh I'm probably folding. Raising creates a big pot OOP and you have no idea where you're at. I'd save myself the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats the idea behind the reraise. If the pot is smaller, he has more control since he is in position. When we reraise, we take away a lot of his positional advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he calls PF and calls the cbet, though, then what? What's your line?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When he calls PF and calls the cbet, though, then what? What's your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

THat's ... pretty much what happens in this hand no? Are you asking if AK whiffs?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

THat's ... pretty much what happens in this hand no? Are you asking if AK whiffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's my point... The hand is asking for trouble, that's why I toss it.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dood, even with that guy's stats, tossing AK pf to a *button raise* is burning money. AK has a ton of equity on a villian's btn raise range ... just b/c it's uncomfortable playing OOP doesn't mean we should just fold all of that equity.

If villian calls with non-paired cards, chances are the board will whiff him too and your continued aggression will take down the pot.

If villian is a real idiot he will call your RR with a dominated hand (KQ, AQ, AJ etc) and will lose money trying to showdown. If villian has a PP we're even equity with any pair other than KK, AA. Sure villian could have KK or AA, but those 2 hands make up a preetty small % of his entire raising range from the button.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you toss QQ too?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dood, even with that guy's stats, tossing AK pf to a *button raise* is burning money. AK has a ton of equity on a villian's btn raise range ... just b/c it's uncomfortable playing OOP doesn't mean we should just fold all of that equity.

If villian calls with non-paired cards, chances are the board will whiff him too and your continued aggression will take down the pot.

If villian is a real idiot he will call your RR with a dominated hand (KQ, AQ, AJ etc) and will lose money trying to showdown. If villian has a PP we're even equity with any pair other than KK, AA. Sure villian could have KK or AA, but those 2 hands make up a preetty small % of his entire raising range from the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, that's assuming he's positionally aware. And since someone else already entered the pot, I think you're massively overrating his range just because he's raising from the button.

The line you suggested is pretty weak. So show aggressiveness PF and flop, and then just totally check call? What do you think button's range in this hand is? AK or AQ at the worst...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 PM

You need RR more here, especially with deep stacks. I'd make it like $10-11. Leading flop is obv fine, but I much prefer checking against this guy and with these stacks. Turn and river are pretty standard, imo. CRAI would have been really bad.

And folding AK to anyone's BTN open is just absolutely atrocious.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, that's assuming he's positionally aware. And since someone else already entered the pot, I think you're massively overrating his range just because he's raising from the button.

The line you suggested is pretty weak. So show aggressiveness PF and flop, and then just totally check call? What do you think button's range in this hand is? AK or AQ at the worst...

[/ QUOTE ]

On a whiffed flop I would prolly c/f the turn, so I assume you mean bet flop, c/c turn is weak when there's an A on the board. Actually a lot of times I even c/c flops in RR'd pots with AK. It's not an issue of weak, it's an issue of getting action out of weaker hands. Big PPs aren't going to call 3 streets of action on an A high flop, so being super-aggro in a RR'd A-high pot sucks since we're going to lose action on hands that we beat. And, esp. if htere is another broadway card or 2 on the board, we are only getting action from hands that beat us. On the other hand, if we show weakness, as you put it, these PPs would be more inclined to bet into us, so we now get action from hands that we are ahead of.