Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Default AJ wrong suit flop

20-40 game

guy who missed his blind posts in hijack. new player posts in C0.

i am under the gun and raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. next up a i-would-guess decent player 3-bets UTG+1 (i have seen him raise a good amount but have not seen him 3-bet yet). very next guy coldcalls the 3 bets. he seems a bit passive preflop, perhaps a bit loose too one way or the other (first time i have seen him coldcall 3, but he did it without much hesitation). the hijack folds. the co calls. blinds fold. i think about capping it out of spite but i just call. i think of dark betting the flop but i decide now isn't a good time to dick around. 15 small bets, 4 ways.

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i check. utg+1 bets. utg+2 raises. co coldcalls. i glance over to look at utg+1's hands, but he doesn't seem to be giving off any information one way or the other. 20-2 my action.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: AJ wrong suit flop

Folderation.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:40 PM

You're getting 10:1 with overcards that may be completely worthless, and a likely 3-out gutshot that's probably only good for half the pot.

What am I missing here? Seems like an easy fold to me.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Sounds like it's going to be hard to fight for this pot. It will be shown down, and your hand will likely need improvement to win that showdown. No hearts on the flop, your gutshot is to the sucker end (and possibly to a chop too), and since you're not closing the action and you don't have any made hand yet and could likely be dominated and you have mediocre relative position to UTG+2 (with +1 trapped between you), I think it all adds up to a fold. But you know that, I think.

Me advising CDC on what to do is like Joe Buck criticizing a Barry Zito pitch.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM

okay it was a retarded post i admit.

what if the flop was
a)
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

or

b)
2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

or

c)
2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 PM

Flop c) I would have just donked on the flop Given the same action as stated in OP, with flops a) and b) I fold. You just don't know if your overcards are any good and your gutshot to the idio staright is a likely chop. That being said, if you play expert on all turn cards, a call is sometimes reasonable.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM

It seems you want any reason to stick around because its a big pot. You were beat preflop and you are still beat now, just give it up.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:11 PM

easy fold, save yourself some bets
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM

humm with a question like this i wonder if sitting 20/40 is the best idea.
I fold on all of your accounts, your way ahead, in the other accounts, essentially nothing changes, your looking for a gutshot to split at best...
cdl
Old 02-14-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

humm with a question like this i wonder if sitting 20/40 is the best idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really great that people like you are here to give players like CDC excellent, well thought advice while attempting to demean their ability to play poker. It's really a testament to how awesome the midstakes forum has become. Trash a player who is undoubtedly a better player than yourself, while making a worthless addition to the thread. Great work.

In your examples, CDC, I'd fold this hand, and call with hands A&B. B is the easiest call for obvious reasons. C is very close and I'd tend to fold but calling isn't far behind.

Rob