Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Strange credits from poker sites appearing in friends bank account

This is a new one to me. A friend of mine (seriously, a friend) used to make deposits onto poker sites using either her credit card or via EFT from her checking account. She says the only sites she's played on are FT, UB, and Stars. Suddenly she is now receiving credits back onto her credit card and into her checking account. She has done nothing to initiate these credits. She hasn't generated withdrawals. She also can no longer make deposits via CC or EFT due to them no longer being allowed by the financial institutions.

She is not 100% certain where this money is coming from or why she is receiving the money. There are two names on her statements: Southvale Compass SE and Port Louis. The credits are in even dollar amounts (100, 50, etc). The dollar value is approaching $2,000 at this point. She has not yet logged onto her poker accounts to check the transaction logs.

Like I said, she didn't initiate these withdrawals. No one owes her this money. She's not complaining. But we're both curious as to what the heck is going on and why someone is refunding this money to her. Are the banks doing chargebacks to the sites on deposits made via CC/EFT after a certain date? Ideas, anyone?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Strange credits from poker sites appearing in friends bank account

Doesn't logging on the accounts solve everything?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't logging on the accounts solve everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's at work and can't til later tonight, but honestly I'm not sure what it solves. She hasn't logged in for weeks, and like I said she didn't initiate any withdrawals. I don't even think she had any money in the accounts.

One other thing: on the credits on the checking account statements, it says "PURCHASE CREDIT". Not sure what exactly this means but it sounds like a refund of her original purchase.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Heh, doing a little google searching leads me to think that your "friend" is making money from an RPG called Raieh Fractal Planet.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Netteller used to credit my debit card and then later take it back regularly, I called them and they said it was Paradise, it always equalled out but I got an extra 1 1/2% every time because my debit card worked like that. So I didn't complain. Bet they take the money back shortly from your friend, she shoudn't get excited.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:55 PM

Port Louis is a processor for Ultimate bet, maybe the bank decided that these charges were against their rules/policies and initiated chargebacks and ub willingly credited her back.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:58 PM

I would get a bit of legal advice from someone here online or in person, and do what your obligated to do and nothing else. Thats some good luck your friend has... hopefully.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM

i would go to the ATM on a daily basis and take out whatever new funds get put in ( if/or once you can)

i wouldn't log into poker site until they stop paying....why mess with a good thing.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would go to the ATM on a daily basis and take out whatever new funds get put in ( if/or once you can)

i wouldn't log into poker site until they stop paying....why mess with a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a very bad idea.