Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
no different than dave chappell painting himself as a white man for some of his skits

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live on freakin Venus?

You might recall a DC city councilman losing his job (albeit briefly) some time back for using the word "niggardly."

Now you tell me with a straight face that in this stupid country with its bogus egalitarian nonsensical Judeo-Christian feelgood liberal bullchit worldview, that anyone other than a total imbecile or an absolutely disconnected egomaniac could ever do such a thing, make it available to the public, and not have a clue to the fact that people could and would be offended by it. If you should choose to take me up on this challenge, I imagine you fall into one of the two aforementioned categories.

And by the way, I am very, VERY difficult to offend. In fact, you'd pretty much need to execute a serious home invasion on me, complete with pistol whipping and hogtying to actually "offend" me.

My point is not what is or should be offensive. My point is that the man is apparently oblivious to it.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no different than dave chappell painting himself as a white man for some of his skits

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is. Completely. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
so for it to be blackface, the actor must be portraying a slave? is that was DN was doing?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is. Completely. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
so for it to be blackface, the actor must be portraying a slave? is that was DN was doing?

[/ QUOTE ]
What. The. [censored]. Are you talking about? Blackface performers mocked common black stereotypes. They acted like buffoons and drunkards. Ever since blackface minstrel shows fell out of style, it's been a VERY common taboo to perform in a way that even resembles it. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're under 18 years old, and that's why you're completely oblivious to this. That or this is DNs gimmick account.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the whole segment was funny. you guys just enjoy tearing people down. go rot in a hole somewhere pls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leveling?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You all are being idiotic. This was not amusing, but it is harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you understand. I don't think anyone's offended by it. But he looks, like an earlier poster said, like a total buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, this is such a subtle point that it escaped me completely.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You all are being idiotic. This was not amusing, but it is harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you understand. I don't think anyone's offended by it. But he looks, like an earlier poster said, like a total buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, this is such a subtle point that it escaped me completely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you're saying that people are being idiotic, and then claiming that it's harmless. Only nobody is saying that it's harmful.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't think this qualifies as blackface.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:03 PM

If Daniel just wore the dreds, rolled the joint, did the accent, etc., the imitation would still have worked without painting himself black. Funny that some white dudes have to take the extra step.

This reminds me of when I was in college and some fraternity boys got on stage for the Air Band contest (lip-synch) and did the Jackson Five. They wore big 'fros and painted their faces black. 1/2-way through their act, members of the African-American fraternity jumped on stage in military uniform with their fists in the air (ala the 1968 Olympics). Point is, many African-Americans resent anything that remotely resembles black-face. To prove my point, for my fraternity's skit, I was Michael Jackson and dressed like he did in his Black & White video. No face paint, just the outfit and long, greasy hair he sported. Many of the protesting African-Americans complemented my performance. And, yes, I expect the "but isn't MJ white?" jokes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I didn't have much of a problem with video cuz' I know there was no ill intent, but many people of color would/will probably find it offensive. There's not a whole lot you can do along those lines these days that won't upset someone. I'm fairly certain Daniel knows that, but at the same time is like, "whatever, it was harmless fun, this country needs to lighten up (no pun intended) ."

And to the poster that said, "Happy African-American History" month, nh.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

wow. hey joe rogan. please kick dn's ass.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:10 PM

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...88052&st=0

DN responds to an offended viewer in this thread