Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 10:58 PM

Default KK in a tough spot NL200

Sorry to flood the board with posts. Here is another overpair of mine in a tough spot.

Villian is pretty loose, I don't have a HUD so I didn't know he was this loose till after putting hands in poker tracker. He is 43/16/2.87 over 159 hands. I have seen him make some very loose preflop calls, but he has not acted donkily making big bets, or calling big bets without big hands post flop. He probably views me as TAG, and I have not turned over many hands postflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 ($237.85)
CO ($214.05)
Hero ($390.05)
SB ($198)
BB ($188)
UTG Villian ($263.05)
UTG+1 ($325.70)
UTG+2 ($157.30)
MP1 ($211.03)
MP2 ($182.97)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG Villian raises to $7</font>, 6 folds</font>, Hero raises to $27</font>, 2 folds</font>, UTG Villian calls $20.

Flop: ($57) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets $40</font>, Villian calls $236.05 (All-In), Hero ?.

No idea how to respond in this spot. Really unsure if his hand range could include AQ or not, I have not seen him play TPTK this aggressively before. Is this a standard fold?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-15-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: KK in a tough spot NL200

I think you have to fold this. Villian probably has a pretty good idea what you have PF and it's looking like he hit his set. I can't see this play being made with TPTK. Maybe villian has AA, but it looks like 1010/QQ.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:09 AM

You've defined your hand well. Villain says he can beat it. Fold.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've defined your hand well. Villain says he can beat it. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-15-2006, 06:35 AM

I'm pretty sure that he has you beat about 8/10 there. He might have made a set. The call on your big raise makes PP a likely holding. QT or even Q8s is possible if he is loose preflop. The cases where you still are ahead are with KJ. I do not now if he is capable of playing say J9s but I'm pretty sure he put you on something big and is trying to outflop you and get paid the whole way.

If he has a set I think he has to put you on AA/KK/AK, which is again likely with your preflop raise. Most people cant release these hands on that board (AA/KK) which makes the all in profitable for him.

In either case I think you have to fold. If he has made the set you are drawing very slim and if he called with some "wild" hand and cought an open ended he still has lots of outs and that is a pretty thin HD to put him on and I think he would hold something like that about 2/10.

One hand I do not put him on at all is AQ. Maybe if he is a terrible player but I do not get that from your read so why do you wanna put all your money in with AQ in that spot where your likely holdings would call him, remember that is what he expects when he moves in with a set so for me the alternative is simple he has to have set, twopair or a big draw. You are behind that HD. FOLD!