Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Default hotel rooms AC

Hey guys, im catching a flight out of Atlantic city to florida next weekend to escape this cold crap for a short vacation...
im gonna head down thursday nite and crash a hotel -- anyone know how the rooms are at the trop? any other recommendations? is it worth springing an extra 100$ for the Borgata? thanx...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: hotel rooms AC

Are you looking for a place to play cards? or just stay?

Trop is nice Borgata is better. As far as rooms go they are all pretty nice.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:52 PM

the rooms ive stayed in at the Trop seem a tad noisy in my experiences. (i realize they wont all be like this). The heat/AC unit made a noise that sounded like a boat motor trolling, if that makes any sense. Borgata ive had no such problems at all, but was it worth $100? ehh probably not, i slept either way.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Either one is fine. Both have good poker rooms. If you go trop ask for the havana tower, the borgata - all the rooms are nice! I would say, save the $ 100 and stay at trop!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Borgata shouldn't be $100 more then Trop. Make sure you get the poker rate at Borgata, its around $100 a night during the week. When you factor in the comp dollars per hour you get for playing it gets even cheaper.

I think you need a comp card from Borgata in order to get the poker rate though. (meaning you have to have been there before)
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borgata shouldn't be $100 more then Trop. Make sure you get the poker rate at Borgata, its around $100 a night during the week. When you factor in the comp dollars per hour you get for playing it gets even cheaper.

I think you need a comp card from Borgata in order to get the poker rate though. (meaning you have to have been there before)

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have to play for 8 hrs before you are considered
Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM

If you have a Trop poker card call them and ask about the poker rate. Mid week it can be $59 or so. The boardwalk holiday inn next to the Trop also has good rates and is right between Trop and Hilton giving you the chance to play at either. Not luxury but a good sized, clean typical holiday inn room. I prefer it to the Trop's regular rooms which are not that great and take forever to get to. The trop havana tower is nice but pricier, similar to Borgata.