Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Excess BS

[ QUOTE ]
Rep. Ellison calls the cops to snuff Tancredo’s cigar

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of anti-smoking obsessives around and, as a former smoker, I am very amused by their maniacal antics. But they are not muslim or christian or atheist; they come in every color, creed and cowhide imaginable. So, to link Ellison's specific religion to the moronic attitude of calling the cops on a colleague for smoking is total BS.

I don't understand how you can stand the taste. But the writer of the article is full of it - and you're guilty for lapping up his BS.

Mickey Brausch

PS : Wait! Reading the article makes it clear that Ellison did not call the cops, but some flunky did. Wow. You're choking on it.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:37 AM

Default The congressman is intolerant

When a congressman hires intolerant staffers, it suggests he is intolerant.

When a congressman endorses the intolerant actions of his subordinates, it shows that he is intolerant.

When a subordinate feels free to express intolerance because he rightly realises his boss will endorse his intolerance, it is clear that there is a culture of intolerance in that office.

I must conclude, by the facts, that this congressman is intolerant. He did not have to support and encourage the intolerance of his staffers.

So, it turns out my original thread title was 100% correct, despite some feeble attempts by others here to excuse this congressman's intolerant attitude.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: The congressman is intolerant

[ QUOTE ]
congressman's intolerant attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to refresh your memory as to the definition of "tolerance". Tolerance means accepting ideas or practices differing from your own. It does not mean accepting everything that anyone else does, regardless of it's impact on you.

"“I called because the smoke was coming through the walls,” Jauert said."

Smoke was going into the other guy's office. Only intolerant jerks complain about smoke coming into their offices!

I just punched you in the face and you complained. HELP ME, HELP ME, I'M BEING INTOLERATED!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Hmmmm.
Rep Tancredo is the guy who called Miami a "Third World Country" and has called for the abolishment of the nonpartisan Congressional Black Caucus, the Democratic Congressional Hispanic Caucus, and the Republican Congressional Hispanic Conference. He also said we should nuke Mecca if we are attacked by Muslim extremists.

Wonder if he had his 'air purifiers' working, or turned them off to get a reaction from his 'neighbor'. (the office building is 70 years old).
Old 02-14-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: That Muslim member of House - turns out he\'s another intolerant De

Not at all. The article is very useful.

It accomplishes much that's better left undone
Old 02-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Wild goose chase

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well, as I said, I'm an ex-smoker and I do find the antics of the fanatical anti-smokers to be a bit funny, if not stupid.

But to label anti-smokers as "intolerant" is equally funny, if not stupid. I'm sorry but there's no other way to put it.

Mickey Brausch
Old 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: That Muslim member of House - turns out he\'s another intolerant De

[ QUOTE ]
Not at all. The article is very useful.

It accomplishes much that's better left undone

[/ QUOTE ]

We disagree. That's Okay. However, I will submit that you need to tune up your funny bone.

I think the politics forum needs to be renamed Comedy Central.

Smokem while ya gottem!

-Zeno
Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha

When a party covers for a gay pedophile congressman it suggests that the party is full of gay pedophiles.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a party covers for a gay pedophile congressman it suggests that the party is full of gay pedophiles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry. He asked God for forgiveness, and God said "No sweat. Happens to the best of us." God's good like that.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha

[/ QUOTE ]

No Democratic members of Congress that have made questionable ethical decisions? Ever hear of Alcee Hastings or William Jefferson (two names that come to mind immediately).

BTW I don't believe Foley was convicted of any crime or even charged with one. If so could you post a link regarding those charges?

Edit: Just to point out something that apparently is a burr in my saddle today. Here you've called Foley a pedophile for having a sexual interest in a teenager that I'm assuming was over the age of consent. If that's your criteria for being a pedophile so be it. If that is your criteria then you would necessarily apply the same criteria to some author of poker books that is well known. If that isn't your criteria, then clearly your making a homophobic remark. If that's the case, the hypocrisy is astounding. With all the support of gay marriage that comes from the Democrats, it would be incredible that these supporters make homophobic derisions. The poster, cardcounter0, seemed to me to state that the Fitzgerald investigation was an acceptable abuse of power, since the Starr investigation was an abuse of power. And people wonder why politicians get elected behaving the way they do, why corruption is seemingly so wide spread, and why attack politics in campaigns is the status quo.