Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: eurobet / ongame locks $60,000, investigates, finds me guilty, the

Ongame,

You gain nothing from repeating certain things are the sites job and not yours.

No one cares. We care about our money. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you say the sites routine misconduct is outside your control, that is further incentive for players to leave your network.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course we understand that! We'd be freaked too as long as we didn't regard it as a standard practise that wasn't anything to worry about. As long as a player perceives that he/she is under suspicion and not "merely" the victim of a routine investigation, then our operators have failed in their communication. That’s what we are trying to explain, but perhaps didn’t explain well enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to walk into a retail establishment where security can just snatch my wallet out of my pants pocket with nary a word of explanation and hold it and all of its contents indefinitely just because an automated system declared that I fit the profile of a scam artist.

Whether this qualifies as being "under suspicion" or is declared a "routine investigation", I can assure you that once I had recovered my funds, I would not set foot in that establishment again.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Glad to find we seem to be making some progress. Unfortunately if this is to work, we will continue to "repeat certain things are the sites job, not yours" simply because as long as the general perception of what our job is, is not accurate, we cannot properly put this new regulatory branch to full effect.

"I think if Ongame is the one freezing/flagging accounts the responsibility must be on them to communicate with accused player...seems they passing the buck here."

Well, the day we start bypassing our costumers and talk directly to their costumers (the end-consumers of our product if you like) is the day they tell us to stop doing it. It's sort of like a car dealership finding out that the car manufacturer has started sealing deals with car buyers in their name without their consent and hold the dealership to those deals. Sort of like that.

This has nothing do with the player not receiving information regarding an investigation, it only attempts to once again, explain why we are perceived to have responsibilities we are not allowed to have. That the players should receive information from somewhere is a given.

"ongame why don't you return my $ 1700 you stole from me over a year ago"

Why would we ever, ever find the need to steal funds that belong to our operators' players? Certainly there have been cases where our investigations have lead to our operators confiscating fraudulent funds for redistribution and we are of course fully aware that a former partner of ours still seems reluctant to do what is right and pay their players. Something that does not reflect well upon us at all. But we are not in the business of stealing funds belonging to any of our operators' players.

Obviously in a thread like this, it is very easy and convenient to claim all sorts of stuff, and there is little we can do about that.

"And isn't Ombudsman a scandinavian word? It certainly sounds that way."

´Tis is indeed. One of the few Scandinavian words to make it on the big scene. Smorgasbord is another famous example I believe.

"If you say the sites routine misconduct is outside your control,"

If that how you interpreted it, then our explanation wasn't good enough. But what you ask is precisely what can be asked of us. That we keep an eye on our operators and regulate them. Having an Ombudsman service is one way of showing that regulation is taken seriously.

"I have yet to walk into a retail establishment where security can just snatch my wallet out of my pants pocket..."

That's one way of looking at it. Another one is to say that one has never walked into an airport without accepting both regular and sometimes even extended searches of ones person in the general interest of you and everyone else.

Either way, lack of information is never acceptable.

For now,

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's to the benefit of everyone that topics like this one are openly discussed and sorted out. Because more often than not, things tend to get confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no. I'm not in any way, shape, or form confused. I will never play one red cent on any Eurobet or any ongame "supported" site. Thank you for your candid approach as to your feelings regarding what you can or cannot do to MY MONEY. I felt I should be at least as candid with you.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 AM

If you are not willing to accept any form of security routines that may in theory temporarily cause you an inconvenience, then perhaps playing on our Network through our operators is not for you. For us, offering a secure gaming environment does come first.
Our operators are obliged to ensure that any inconveniences experienced by innocent players is kept to a minimum and that they are compensated for it - and going by this thread that is not always the case – but just like any airport, we are simply not going to stop scanning just because someone is not willing to take off their shoes should that be required of them.

Having $60,000 temporarily locked up without a word on what is going on is not to be regarded as merely an “inconvenience”. That is to be considered insufficient customer service on part of our operators. The operator in turn may sometimes not be able to deliver that service as swiftly as expected due to temporary communication lapses between them and us as previously discussed. Those lapses are our responsibility and something we are working hard to eradicate altogether. Should it be an operator who is not delivering on their promises, then the Ombudsman can step in and work it out with the operator in question on behalf of the players.

We’re pretty sure anyone who’s ever had his/her username/password externally hacked but have had all or parts of their funds “saved” by rigorous security routines feel differently than you do.

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"So you cant understand how freaked out someone with well over $50k+ must feel like when they cant login?"

Of course we understand that! We'd be freaked too as long as we didn't regard it as a standard practise that wasn't anything to worry about. As long as a player perceives that he/she is under suspicion and not "merely" the victim of a routine investigation, then our operators have failed in their communication. That’s what we are trying to explain, but perhaps didn’t explain well enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:56 PM

ongame I sent you a private message but you never replied, please assist me in trying to get my money back, the user name on eurobet was igorbulax

thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I have yet to walk into a retail establishment where security can just snatch my wallet out of my pants pocket..."

That's one way of looking at it. Another one is to say that one has never walked into an airport without accepting both regular and sometimes even extended searches of ones person in the general interest of you and everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me take this analogy a step further. I have flown with this airlines every day for 14 months without any problems. They even have $212,000 or $60,000 of my money in their vault. One day they detain me, search me and find nothing. They tell me they will not release my money nor allow me to utilize their airline until further notice. What is further notice? When can I fly again? I have a family to feed and can not work without my money and a flight. I request details and they provide a mailing address for additional communication.

Would I ever fly that airline or let them hold my funds again? It would be a very cold day in HELL! Would you suggest your friends do the same? Maybe we can justify this by saying it is a 'routine investigation and nothing to get alarmed by'. I sure feel better about your network now!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me take this analogy a step further. I have flown with this airlines every day for 14 months without any problems. They even have $212,000 or $60,000 of my money in their vault. One day they detain me, search me and find nothing. They tell me they will not release my money nor allow me to utilize their airline until further notice. What is further notice? When can I fly again? I have a family to feed and can not work without my money and a flight. I request details and they provide a mailing address for additional communication.

Would I ever fly that airline or let them hold my funds again? It would be a very cold day in HELL! Would you suggest your friends do the same? Maybe we can justify this by saying it is a 'routine investigation and nothing to get alarmed by'. I sure feel better about your network now!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot-on.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:42 PM

"What is further notice? When can I fly again? I have a family to feed and can not work without my money and a flight. I request details and they provide a mailing address for additional communication."

In not one of of all of our posts have we disagreed with the negative impact of lack of information. We have repeatedly stated if that is the case, then you have been mistreaded by our operators.

"Having $60,000 temporarily locked up without a word on what is going on is not to be regarded as merely an “inconvenience”. That is to be considered insufficient customer service on part of our operators."

We have been trying to make that point clear from post one.

--> Limitninja

We have setup an e-mail address, ombudsman@ongamenetwork.com, which you can use to file reports against one of our operators if you feel you have been mistreated.

In this case we have already made some inquiries, but in general it is impossible for us to act on every PM we receive.

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network