Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: aba, trip report please please please

Anyone see the sexy staredown Aba gave Harman when he value bet his pair of K's on the river?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see the sexy staredown Aba gave Harman when he value bet his pair of K's on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

And then she blushed and said " you can bluff me anytime im just a little girl"

Aba is in for sho
Old 02-13-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then she blushed and said " you can bluff me anytime im just a little girl"

Aba is in for sho

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty interesting seeing Aba play a fairly standard internet style which looked so strange and foreign to the commentators and in the context of the game. Like the 75s preflop reraise and passive play of AK on a board where the only value was in check calling were both totally standard for online play but not so much for HSP.

Anyway Aba is basically on for the rest of the season I believe so no trip report anytime soon presumably...

[/ QUOTE ]

was there seriously any other way to play this? i remember seeing this hand and even my girlfriend said "well obviously if he bets, that stupid gold guy is just going to fold, unless he tries to bluff him by betting more."

lol, i just get a kick out of the commentators having no clue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, how exactly did Gabe not have a clue? On the 57s hand he said that it was a great play because it keeps your opponents guessing. Then on the AK hand he said he played it very well - he didn't risk anything by checking and calling. Oh, and I don't believe your girlfriend said that, unless she's a poker player. My girlfriend doesn't play poker, and there's no [censored] way she'd ever come up with an analysis like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm sorry that you're girlfriend isn't as cool as mine.

anyway, i was referring more to the hand where Lindgren had J,9 and Gold had A,J and aba looked like he was contemplating something for a little bit and they couldn't figure out what was going through his head or w/e. there are plenty of other hands on every episode where the commentators seem like they figure out the right plays, just the wrong reasoning.