Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Default My report on Loblaw

Had to give a presentation on loblaw for a job interview. The whole thing got kinda effed cause I based it on a DCF model and the inputs provided by my school were really really off. Thank you Mcgill.

link below

just checked. pretty sure the link works and I promise its virus free. Also made Income statement, cash flow and balance sheet calculations for 2007-2009 if anyone is interested. Any criticism is welcome as this was my first shot at doing one of these.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: My report on Loblaw

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...e85f38bda65af8
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM

you used "I" quite a bit and that tends to weaken arguments. maybe im being a nit. otherwise it is a very solid analysis. how did the presentation part of the interview go?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you used "I" quite a bit and that tends to weaken arguments. maybe im being a nit. otherwise it is a very solid analysis. how did the presentation part of the interview go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I would have gone over the whole thing and fixed that but I simply ran out of time. The presentation didnt go that great because my WACC was much too low. This is cause I got my data from a school database, and it was really really off. So to compensate for my low WACC i needed some really low expectations for the future, or else I woul have ended up with a target price of like 90$ per share when its trading at 46.80. But despite that im still proud of tis as I had to write it, prepare a power point and all the financials starting thursday and have it done by sunday because they came out with Q4 numbers which needed to be incorporated thursday morning.