Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Where does Steve Nash Rank all time?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you might be being sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

His "Triple Double for an entire season" is very overrated. You have to adjust for eras. In that time, people shot often, and shot badly. Rebounds were very easy to come by.

That year Robertson's team had 3 players who averaged double digits in boards, and a 4th with 8.

Also note that he was 7th on his team in Rebounds Per 40

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to think that Jordan is overrated as well. Who were the best shooting guards that he went against in the 90s? Reggie Miller? Clyde Drexler twice a year? I'd like to see him playing against Kobe/T-Mac/Pierce/Lebron/Wade/Ray Allen/Michael Redd/Ron Artest/Iverson/etc on a nightly basis.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

His "Triple Double for an entire season" is very overrated. You have to adjust for eras. In that time, people shot often, and shot badly. Rebounds were very easy to come by.

That year Robertson's team had 3 players who averaged double digits in boards, and a 4th with 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to think that Jordan is overrated as well. Who were the best shooting guards that he went against in the 90s? Reggie Miller? Clyde Drexler twice a year? I'd like to see him playing against Kobe/T-Mac/Pierce/Lebron/Wade/Ray Allen/Michael Redd/Ron Artest/Iverson/etc on a nightly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, overrated compared to who?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, overrated compared to who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when the regular "best player EVA" discussion comes up, it's often said that Jordan is so far ahead of everyone else, it's not close at all. I think that Oscar and Magic should be in the discussion, and it is pretty close between them, even if we separate "best guards" vs "best big men" lists, as they should be.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Jupiter,

Thayer is right on about Robertson.

In actuality, it's nearly impossible to compare for us. We never saw him play. Former players applaud the crap out of him, whereas statistical analysis finds his triple double average overrated.

I mean.. that rebounds were easier in earlier years is very obvious. I mean, do you really think Russell and Wilt were that amazing at rebounding?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jupiter,

Thayer is right on about Robertson.

In actuality, it's nearly impossible to compare for us. We never saw him play. Former players applaud the crap out of him, whereas statistical analysis finds his triple double average overrated.

I mean.. that rebounds were easier in earlier years is very obvious. I mean, do you really think Russell and Wilt were that amazing at rebounding?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont feel as though you can call him overrated when your thinking about the generation gap holds true
Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM

well then that's just semantics.

kutuz,

There's no debate. Jordan is the best ever. Literally, no debate. Oscar, Magic, Larry, etc. can argue about 2nd in line.. but Jordan's spot is untouchable.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kutuz,

There's no debate. Jordan is the best ever. Literally, no debate. Oscar, Magic, Larry, etc. can argue about 2nd in line.. but Jordan's spot is untouchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant by "overrated". Pretty much the same thing that many expressed above about Steve Nash.

[ QUOTE ]

kutuz,

[/ QUOTE ]

you should prolly preface this with "perimeter" player...cause youll get alot of valid arguments from people about wilt and kareem

[ QUOTE ]

kutuz,

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:02 PM

say you were to put all the players in the nba into a pool and each team drafts a player per round. this is your team for one season. you have the first pick. who takes nash?