Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action for this hand?
Call with confidence 6 27.27%
Call, but its close 10 45.45%
Fold, but hate yourself for it 2 9.09%
Fold with confidence 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I used to work for a bank. Not that I believe your story, but if you indeed had gotten hacked you'd get your money back because there would be traceable and reversible transactions. However, since your not telling the truth , its all moot.

[/ QUOTE ]
My bank is currently investigating and I was told to wait till they get back to me. I don't know if I'm getting it back 100% or not.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Mythra, I don't get it. Do you not realize we live in a world of traceable transactions? Do you not get that almost everything leaves a footprint? You can't move money out of banks without leaving a trace and clues as to who did it. If one of your roomates somehow did this thing there would be evidence pointing to it.

Why do you continue making up stories that are easily proved false? Do you really take this entire forum for a bunch of fools?

[ QUOTE ]
Now that FullTilt has helped me all they can, I see no reason in not posting their emails.

EDIT - I really appreciate all the help from FTPDoug and FullTilt Support. (Despite them having trouble responding timely to emails.)

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Alex,

This email is to inform you that we have permanently closed Mythra's
account on Full Tilt Poker.

We have substantial evidence contradicting his story regarding his
"being away and having his account compromised" during the weekend.

1) Thursday, February 8th 2007, Mythra receives $2000 from you.

2) Thursday, February 8th 2007, Mythra adds a payment processor to his
account to allow for withdrawals, and proceeds to play on Full Tilt
Poker.

3) Early Friday, February 9th, 2007, Mythra requests a withdrawal that
includes your $2000.

4) Mythra reports his account being hacked on the WEEKEND; no
information on our end can lead us to believe that it was hacked.

As you can see, the attempt to withdrawal your funds, the gameplay with
your funds all happened before the weekend and "hacking" story.

We here at Full Tilt Poker are dedicated to providing the players and
the poker community with a safe and secure place to play.

As such, this is the closure of this case and I hope you are satisfied
with the results.

Best of luck in the future.

Regards,

Kevin L
Full Tilt Poker Support

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's the nail in the coffin I was waiting for. Yikes.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I did get similar e-mail from Full Tilt, and I immediately sent him a response. As you all can see from my earlier post to Full Tilt, they do not know that my bank account has been hacked into as well. Full Tilt is saying that I did this because I tried to withdraw the fund to my bank account. BUT MY GOD DAMN BANK ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AS WELL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... What do you mean that your bank account was hacked? If its an online bank like ING, umm, thats damn near impossible, there's like 4 different security procedures you have to go through to log in, at least two of which a keylogger won't help, and "my bank account was hacked" doesn't even make sense in the context of a B & M bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bank with CIBC, their online banking only requires bank account # and a password.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but this isn't an online bank, so you can't make external transfers, so the "hacker" being able to withdraw to your account, even if he had your login information to www.cibc.com, wouldn't do him any good, as he'd have no way to get the money out of your bank account once he transferred it in there...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever heard of "E-mail Money Transfers"? Maybe it's not available in US, but google it. It's very easy to get the money out if you hack into someone else's online banking. You will have cash in your hand in 30 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's got access to your checking account, why is he going to bother this elaborate poker scam? Why not just clean your checking account out?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM

Have you contacted law enforcement Mythra? Most banks require a police report if fraud has occured. Can you produce said police report?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, that only proves that someone had a physical access to my laptop. Which explains why I did not find any trojan/keylogger using spybot software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dig deeper, come on. So the one having access to your computer and having been able to install a trojan/keylogger (he would need it to get your passwords even if he had physical access (or maybe 50 people in the world could do without)) fails in stealing any money and then decides he is gonna remove the keylogger? Why? And why didn't any of your security set up (which is so good that you don't take responsibility for damages) react to this earlier?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I did get similar e-mail from Full Tilt, and I immediately sent him a response. As you all can see from my earlier post to Full Tilt, they do not know that my bank account has been hacked into as well. Full Tilt is saying that I did this because I tried to withdraw the fund to my bank account. BUT MY GOD DAMN BANK ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AS WELL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... What do you mean that your bank account was hacked? If its an online bank like ING, umm, thats damn near impossible, there's like 4 different security procedures you have to go through to log in, at least two of which a keylogger won't help, and "my bank account was hacked" doesn't even make sense in the context of a B & M bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bank with CIBC, their online banking only requires bank account # and a password.

[/ QUOTE ]

if u bank online then u have a online statement that u can take a screen shot off showing the withdrawls that the "hacker" made. Post It.

Just because you say my checking account was hacked...there is no reason for 2+2ers or FTP to believe u without evidence backing it up.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I used to work for a bank. Not that I believe your story, but if you indeed had gotten hacked you'd get your money back because there would be traceable and reversible transactions. However, since your not telling the truth , its all moot.

[/ QUOTE ]
My bank is currently investigating and I was told to wait till they get back to me. I don't know if I'm getting it back 100% or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythra,

I hope you really haven't filed a false claim with your bank, because if you have, then you're in a world more trouble than for the scam you've pulled here, assuming Canadian banking law is anything like American banking law.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM

bye Mythra
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is beyond awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'm still waiting for him to say that his dog did it.
Closed Thread