Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: BALLA: Trying to sell a $130k car over the internet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, when I go to price the basemodel LS460 and get all the options, it goes all the way up to 103k. Durkah, youre wrong, kthxgg.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except that the price quoted in OP is ~$24k higher than what you just stated, which is EXACTLY the question I was originally asking.

kthxgg

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, you are just stupid arent you? We have established that the msrp for the car is ~103k. The supply is virtually non existent though unless you are willing to wait 4months. What is so [censored] complicated? How do people like you live day to day? Do you have a live in caretaker?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, when I go to price the basemodel LS460 and get all the options, it goes all the way up to 103k. Durkah, youre wrong, kthxgg.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except that the price quoted in OP is ~$24k higher than what you just stated, which is EXACTLY the question I was originally asking.

kthxgg

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, you are just stupid arent you? We have established that the msrp for the car is ~103k. The supply is virtually non existent though unless you are willing to wait 4months. What is so [censored] complicated? How do people like you live day to day? Do you have a live in caretaker?

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize that the 103k figure you stated isn't you getting the car at cost, right? like, there is already profit margin thrown in there? likely accounting for scarcity? you understand this, right? right?

please enroll with these fine folks and these awesome people before responding to me again, thx. you're upsetting my nanny.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Car dealers regularly doubly add on costs they offer at dealerships as rebates (ie in base model price a 2k charge is added on while it's offered as a rebate from the car manufacturer listed apart from the base price, therefore nulling the rebate). This isn't uncommmon at all. This may or may not be the same thing.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kthxgg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize that the 103k figure you stated isn't you getting the car at cost, right? like, there is already profit margin thrown in there? likely accounting for scarcity? you understand this, right? right?

please enroll with these fine folks and these awesome people before responding to me again, thx. you're upsetting my nanny.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he wants to wait 4 months, he pays 103k, are you really that dense that you cant understand this? Follow your own links retard.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys a seriously retards. This is not just a new LS, its the long chasis version, with all the bells and whisltes. This is a car that is generally purchased so that you can be driven around in. To get this car you have to allow 4 months from time of order. These things arent rolling off the production line. The buyer gets his car NOW, not in 4 months. If you still cant understand whats going on here, I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, its still a Lexus.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:24 PM

not sure I follow.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the one taht parks its self

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is so special about this car?

[/ QUOTE ]

your chaufer can be a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this is great. thx
Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 AM

OK sorry for the late response to this. I actually mistyped the sticker on the car, we were asking:
MSRP :$94,217
Chrome Wheels: $4995 (standard markup on an LS460 in the market today)
Xzylon Paint Protection: $1295 (We usually sell this for $659)
and yes, Market Value: $20,000.
Total: $120,507
Everything other than the MSRP is on a side sticker that basically lists dealer extras.

Basically we are the only people within 1500 miles that have this car on the ground. 99% of these cars at any other dealership are already sold, so it is possible that this may even be the only one in a dealer's "lot" in the USA.

This car is limited production and it is special order only. The interior level is pretty ridiculous, it has a reclining rear seat with shiatsu massage and a power drop-down DVD player etc etc.
-And yes, in the upper end of the car business, Market Adjustments like that are common. Or you overcharge for chrome wheels, etc.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure koreans, chinamen, and all other asians wish they were japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] yeah they do
Old 02-13-2007, 05:11 AM

How much does it cost to ship a lexus to korea????