Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: 2 pair in the SB...what it do

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is PF even a discussion?? If you're folding PF then you're a Nit with a capital N.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding this preflop is totally fine, dont get carried away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never think twice about folding this. Suited one gappers in the SB after a limper? Count me in. Especially if the limper could possibly limp with big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im saying that its neither clearly wrong or clearly correct, thats all. I think that to say its totally incorrect is misleading.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is PF even a discussion?? If you're folding PF then you're a Nit with a capital N.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding this preflop is totally fine, dont get carried away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never think twice about folding this. Suited one gappers in the SB after a limper? Count me in. Especially if the limper could possibly limp with big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im saying that its neither clearly wrong or clearly correct, thats all. I think that to say its totally incorrect is misleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it. I just think it's a +EV call.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM

I play any hand from the SB in unraised pots and I think that works out very well, especially if you have somewhat weak opponents (and the opponents are weak if there are a lot of unraised pots).
Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play any hand from the SB in unraised pots and I think that works out very well, especially if you have somewhat weak opponents (and the opponents are weak if there are a lot of unraised pots)

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to. Now I'm a little more circumspect but 79s is a lovely hand that I would never fold unless BB is a complete maniac.
I also would call flop raise bet safe turn. As played I raise here a lot of the time but sucks to go broke in an unraised pot. Bottom two is not a huge hand even here.
Not sure if I can fold it if I donk out and get raised on the turn readless tho.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Call and bet out on turn if a blank hits. Folding is terrible and nitish. And also folding PF is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree looks like a big draw to me.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree looks like a big draw to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect him to do with 2 pair+, all of which are crushing 97? He's almost always going to raise those hands, but he's only going to be semibluffing draws sometimes.

From running sims on pokerstove, I found that going broke with bottom two on a board where a made straight was possible was HUGE spew. Without reads that drastically increase villain's bluffing frequency, the worst hand I'd get active value betting here is J9.

Thus, I'd call the flop and check any turn. If the turn made me a boat, I'd call the turn and c/r AI on the river to get the most value out of FD's. If the turn was any other card, I'd c/f the turn. If the turn went check, check and the river was a blank, I'd check/call, again to get value from the draws. The reason I'd takes these lines is to force him to fire the second barrel with a semi-bluff and to avoid the EV bleed of calling down his value bets with a hand getting crushed by his perceived range.