Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action for this hand?
Call with confidence 6 27.27%
Call, but its close 10 45.45%
Fold, but hate yourself for it 2 9.09%
Fold with confidence 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Um... actually if you report a 419 crime like that to the FBI you may be arrested, for exactly the reason you mention (you tried to commit a serious crime).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely incorrect, and extreme misinformation. Please don't post if you're going to post something this bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basis? I am not making this up. This is what I've gleaned from a legal expert in criminal law and newspaper accounts. The FBI will investigate and pursue you for attempting to break the law. I know for a fact that people have gone to jail for this, although I do not remember their particular circumstances (what exactly they were convicted of).

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are referring to is probably people who become unwitting dupes in a larger criminal scheme. (Like the cases where you get tricked into being a middle man for money laundering). That is a completely different scenario then what I was referring to, where you are merely tricked into transferring someone (usually in Nigeria) large sums of money for the promise of even larger sums of money.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By fanning the flames you guys only hurt astarck's chances of getting this whole thing resolved. it probably feels good to accuse mythra and join in the fun but it's pretty clear that he could get fed up with this pretty soon and not even try to clear things up with astarck at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanning the flames? I"m just trying to convince the victim here to contact law enforcement. If they get Mythra, not only does he still have to end up paying the money back, but he also ends up in jail.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main thing is that I don't see why someone who had built up a trusted reputation with transfers would only steal 2k, when walking with 10k+ would have been just as easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, it seems obvious -- the kid initially intended for these transactions to be straight up, but was probably running bad, and decided to "borrow" a little money from these other accounts to put into his player account and when he built up his bankroll enough, he was going to put the money back.

Unfortunately, either way, it's still a criminal offense.

And even more unfotunately, the harder we are on him, the less chance the op has of getting his money back.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main thing is that I don't see why someone who had built up a trusted reputation with transfers would only steal 2k, when walking with 10k+ would have been just as easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, it seems obvious -- the kid initially intended for these transactions to be straight up, but was probably running bad, and decided to "borrow" a little money from these other accounts to put into his player account and when he built up his bankroll enough, he was going to put the money back.

Unfortunately, either way, it's still a criminal offense.

And even more unfotunately, the harder we are on him, the less chance the op has of getting his money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I've said before, if Mythra gets prosecuted, OP gets his money back. (Granted it takes a while).
Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine if Mythra was really telling the truth?

1) what would it be like to be him right now?
2) if he is proven innocent, what would you guys say other than "sorry"?

This reminds me of the time TeddyFBI was crucufied bc Stars accused his Mom of being a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and if you scroll up in this thread, you'll see that I'm one of the only ones (+busguy) preaching any degree of restraint here, and I was actually going to invoke my own episode in that post, except didn't want to dig up old skeletons, so we could keep focus of this thread on getting OP's $ back. I remember being flabbergasted at how quickly that thread turned into me having to defend myself (and also me wondering why I cared so much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), despite me being the one who even brought the issue to the forum in the first place -- of course, Lee Jones eventually came on to issue a public mea culpa, and both he and Jeff addressed very kind private apologies to my mom via email.

I am skeptical of Mythra's story as well -- but focus here should be on getting OP his $ back, and only then attacking Mythra's credibility/alibi if need be.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Running bad is great motivation for scum like Mythra to start stealing money.

Mythra, if you read this, I hope you're scared of jail, because you should be. It's not looking like you're gonna be able to get away with this.

-nation
Old 02-12-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of the time TeddyFBI was crucufied bc Stars accused his Mom of being a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he cleared his name by clearing everything up, not by shouting.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... you were willing to take a shot at some cash, but you forgot that you gave out personal info and you think you can pull the hood over an entire forum's eyes ...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so true,

If I was OP I would e-mail Full-Tilt and CC mythra requesting that mythra reply in kind to both OP and Full-Tilt to confirm the story and request the money back if it's still there. And link Full-Tilt to this thread too. If mythra was for real this could have all been settled over an e-mail between Full-Tilt, mythra and OP; but since mythra's a first time scammer this has provided some great entertainment value just like the stories of the dumb bank robbers who rob banks and leave checks behind with all of their personal information on it.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Other than family, there are very few people that can be trusted. This is very disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This incident is hardly proof of that however, or a condemnation of humankind. Problems are predictable when you give someone you dont know thousands of dollars on the internet, and have no recourse for any misdoings he may have in mind.

That said, my sympathies are with the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, Myrtha. What did you do to get you Neteller account _permanently_ closed?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Here is what I get out of this whole story:

Mythra "only went after 2K" because his conscience would only allow for him to take 2K. And/or he also figured his record before hand would allow him to explain this away fairly easily, since this is a fairly small amount comparatively (Shaundeeb was getting [censored] for $25 so :|). He was planning on basically disappearing.

But... he wasn't counting on the fight in OP. OP got his account closed and now he has to reappear to get it opened again and try to get the money off somehow. His first story didn't fly and this story is blown way outta control, therefore the story changed. And this is where we are at.

I suggest asking FTP if IPs matched over the weekend with say 3 weeks ago.

Don't ask for the IPs just ask for a yay or nay answer.

Also the villain in Myrtha's story would have had to log in to 2+2 to read/write pms. Can't 2+2 (admins) check from what location a post was made?
Closed Thread