Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Default TPGK oop

Button is 26/17/2 regular. CO is something like 50/5/0.2

Is that ok turn line against player who plays draws aggressively? Should I still call river because pot is so big? Flop reraise instead of turn donk?

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 10.25BB
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: TPGK oop

i dont like ur turn play, that J hits one of the hands ur hoping he has on the flop.

one question is his cold calling range. will he always 3bet AQ here preflop? will he call with 44 or 22?

id probably just 3bet the flop then bet call the turn and probably pay off the river. altho as played i dont think a fold is bad when he bets when that card hits. looks like QJ or a set quite a bit, I could only really see u splitting and its up to u to decide if hed likely bet this river with that hand or worse(KsQs also kills this a bit), or even raise ur turn donk with them.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 AM

OOP I usually just 3-bet the flop and bet the turn, to punish him for playing a FD aggressively and for value. As played you probably have to call the turn raise and the river fold is good as well, I don't think you'll be good often enough even getting 11.25-1.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:12 PM

I think you played well until the river.
If he his on a draw you should not gave him free cards, and you must make him pay for seeing any card.
The check in the river is OK, but I would have called his bet.
you have 10.25-1 thats a great pot equity, you have only got to win 9% of the time to have EV+
Old 02-12-2007, 03:29 PM

I tend to agree with the other posters on the 3-bet the flop, lead turn line... I cant think of a single hand he raises that turn with that you beat, i like the c/f