Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Default QJs Blindwar against light? reraise

Havenīt seen the opponent before, but he is at a couple of tables and seemed tight, so probably cabable of reraising light. Iīve raised his blind enough that I think there is a good chance that he is getting out of line.

Think all streets may be debatable. Even though I think he is 3betting light, I dont really like 4-betting as he could easily shove AK which will cause me to make a bad fold.

I was going to check-call the flop, is leading or check-raising better, if he bets 60-70 should I just push if I want to raise ?

Lead or check turn ? call or raise ?

Lead, check-call or check-fold river ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($170.58)
Hero ($396)
BB ($495)
UTG ($381.98)
MP ($450.43)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $32.

Flop: ($88) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($88) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $50</font>, Hero calls $50.

River: ($188) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: QJs Blindwar against light? reraise

Fold PF.

EDIT: Rest of the hand looks fine.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:43 PM

What hands will you continue with then if you think he may be 3betting light ?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:48 PM

Def. fold preflop. I'd highly consider folding the river regardless of the price. I don't think we are good here often. Its cheap but I doubt an opponent like this is firing the river on a bluff. Seems like the straightforward type.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands will you continue with then if you think he may be 3betting light ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally, when the player directly to my left starts re-raising really light, I prefer to adjust by tightening up a little bit, and 4-betting more often.

When I do decide to call/check raise a lot of flops with a weak hand, I'd prefer to have small cards and, pairs. Other than that, the only big cards that I'd ever really call with are AK/AQ/KQ, with these stacks, AQ and KQ being trouble.

Even with AQ and KQ, you have to have a lot of history to be able to play confidently if you flop a pair, especially if you want to play a big pot.

KT/QJ/QT/JT kind of hands are just so easily dominated, and so rarely dominating (even by a loose PFRRer) that trying to play them OOP in a re-raised pot is just asking for trouble.

Here, you are OOP against a "loose re-raiser" where you don't have much information about his post-flop play, with only 100BBs. Calling here cannot be profitable.

You could re-raise here, and that will probably fold a lot of his range, and that could a fine and good play, but I'd usually just toss it.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 PM

Ok, thanks.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:38 PM

damn, seems like lately big jim has been spitting hot fire