Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Default $24 high blind crapshoot

Villain is somewhat tight, i've stolen his blinds on a few different occasions. Is this a good push?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t600/t1200
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t3260</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in t2600</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: t60 returned to Hero.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t5600, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7600)

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t5600, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7600)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t5600, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7600)

Results:
Final pot: t5600

Also, with Neteller shutting down, has anyone else who plays the FT $24 turbos noticed the competition getting alot tougher? I feel like there are more difficult bubble situations or tournaments taking forever with 4players left. Maybe it's just because I'm on a terrible run.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: $24 high blind crapshoot

stack sizes are very impotant here but it will probably be a shove
Old 02-11-2007, 07:45 PM

We need the other stacks at the table to say for sure, but as far as I can tell a push is good, especially if sb/bb are tight and you have them covered.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:46 PM

even without stack sizes it seems like a pretty easy shove, less than 3 BB's and an ace on the button into at least one known tight player. anyways as for the level of play at the 24s, ive just started playing a bunch and the players seem completely terrible and retarded just like you'd expect most $24 sng players to be. even a lot of the "multitabling regulars" make completely awful spews regularly. i dont think you have much to worry about, unless you're a multitabling regular who makes completely awful spews.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Stack sizes are really important here but with an Ace on the button and 600/1200 blinds, ez push.

With that converter don't forget to check the box that says "show stack sizes". You can save all your settings by clicking the "save settings" button.

There are a lot of regs playing the 24s but most are breakeven or barely winning players.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of regs playing the 24s but most are breakeven or barely winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 09:33 PM

Oh, woops stack sizes. I was chip leader by 200 chips over the guy who called. The other two guys had mid 2500s i want to say.

And yes, I am one of those barely winning players. I keep telling myself that I'm just running bad and that's why my ROI is 7% (only 800 tourney sample size) but I feel kindof lost as to what I'm missing. I would post more hands but I feel like I don't know which hands are my problem hands.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, woops stack sizes. I was chip leader by 200 chips over the guy who called. The other two guys had mid 2500s i want to say.

And yes, I am one of those barely winning players. I keep telling myself that I'm just running bad and that's why my ROI is 7% (only 800 tourney sample size) but I feel kindof lost as to what I'm missing. I would post more hands but I feel like I don't know which hands are my problem hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not auto-presto-ship-it-holla-shoving this then it's clear you have plenty of late game leaks and will have no problem finding some more hands.