FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose wisely
Pozzed 8 25.00%
Pwned 24 75.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: OT: STTF [censored] thread, February

I agree with Pudge, paster, and cit, obv.

Also, gramps' graph is much more horrific than rainkhan's graph because well, gramps is good at sngs.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Just out of curiosity, who is Comma_D on 'Stars? He plays well so I'm kinda assuming he's 2+2, but who is it?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 PM

I agree with bones.

bones is always right.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM

Ya my tilt. Is generally my being angry or me being fpsy in MTTs or cash. I'm never on tilt and like whatever I don't care I will make this shove eventhough I know it is bad. That just doesn't add up.

FeNeF,
Comma_D is decent, but he pushes too wide. I love spite calling him and by spite calling I mean correctly calling with like k2.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It might be dude. But you don't know that. I swear, that's why I get the urge to post hands in here and stuff. Some people get struck by lightning. Just because the odds are 1 in 10,000 or something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have eagles on ignore, but let me guess, he's insisting that you must be doing something wrong. Where have I heard that before? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it came up right around the time you went busto.

did you ever consider that the fact you have the best posters in this forum on ignore may be the reason you get nothing out of here?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just ignoring him because he's Canadian. Unfortunately for him, Canadians are good at Poker. That dates back to Canada's eugenics program of breeding the best poker playing men with the best poker playing women in an attempt to take over the poker playing world. Canada decided to do that after the freezer was invented and their economy based on exporting ice was devastated.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:18 PM

Cit,

I feel ya man.

When i first started cash, i would consistently throw away 2-3 buyins at the start of my session trying to "build a LAGgy image" so i would just bet bet bet, lose, and chalk it up to metagame or some ridiculous [censored].

Then i tried to outplay people every hand, pushing them off Aces/Kings and getting pissed when they dont fold to my ridiculous lines. Then i would call really thin bc "the A is the perfect bluff card, so he must be bluffing" and get shown TPTK/set/other things that destroy me.

I still make bad calls, bad pushes, bad plays. Everyone does. When i look over my hands, my students' hands, or 2p2 hands, the right play is sooo simple to see - however, in the heat of the moment, things don't come as clearly to many people. (12 tabling obviously has NOTHING to do with it for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Cit, i've played a bit with you and you havent shown me anything bad! Thats good. Most 2/4 players have one or two MAJOR leaks that are easy to pick up on. If you play ~8 tables or less, you should be able to take good notes. It will definitely help in the future.

GL at the tables.

Oh, and bengiec,

15 buyins in 5k hands?!? You don't need me!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Cit --

I found the same contrast between my STT play and my 6-max play. I think the answer lies somewhere rooted in the fact that there is unequivocally an optimal play to make at every instant in at STT, whereas cash play has far more ambiguity as to the correct play on any given street.

For whatever reason, I drew great solace from knowing that despite bubbling out of however many straight STTs, I had played optimally and that in the long run my play was profitable. I grew very comfortable with considering the long-term. The phrase 'iterated infinitely' became part of my vernacular. Playing STTs well made me zen about life.

In contrast, cash games treated me differently. Although I played far fewer hours of cash than STTs, if I got stacked in a cash game for making a thin call or getting called by a better made hand, I'd notice myself playing worse. I found this inexplicable. Didn't happen often, but when it did, it was very bizarre.

When I did a little cash tilting, I committed myself to 15 minute blocks of no bluffing. No continuation bets, no over-shoves, no thin calls. At worst those blocks were break-even and to my surprise, frequently profitable.

Yeah I just went back and reread your post and realized you basically said the same thing, meh.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:22 PM

As far as that tilt whatever stuff goes, I agree with Pudge, Paster, Cit, Bones and Josem, but AMT is off his rocker.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 PM

quick cash comment - played 3k hands or so over the last week ($25NL, $50NL, $100NL)

i genuinely believe that a rediculously huge chunk of my profit comes from hands like this:

folded to me on button. i raise 3bb.

one of the blinds call.

i cbet near 100% on flop. blind calls.

turn check/check.

river check/i bet/they fold.

it seems to me that this is money for nothing.

(replaced "question" with "comment" in first sentence when i realised this wasn't a question anymore)
Old 02-11-2007, 08:29 PM

Josem,

Bet the turn.
Closed Thread