Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Best games for a Wii party?

[ QUOTE ]
WarioWare is so much fun in a group. Haven't played Rayman. Sports would be good only with 4 controllers for tennis.

[/ QUOTE ]

so tennis is the game on Wii sports to play for a group? Excellent. I will have 4 controllers.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WarioWare is so much fun in a group. Haven't played Rayman. Sports would be good only with 4 controllers for tennis.

[/ QUOTE ]

so tennis is the game on Wii sports to play for a group? Excellent. I will have 4 controllers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennis is a lot of fun for four to play at once, and the learning curve is very quick/easy. Bowling is also usually a big hit. Although people have to take turns bowling, it has worked out really well the times I've had four people playing.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennis is a lot of fun for four to play at once, and the learning curve is very quick/easy. Bowling is also usually a big hit. Although people have to take turns bowling, it has worked out really well the times I've had four people playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have two remotes, but bowling is the most popular. I think tennis popular as well and would go over extremely well with 4 remotes.

Boxing is also very popular in a group. The game is kind of crappy because it isn't all that responsive. This randomness causes the fights to be close though. The game is easily the best wii game to watch other people play. They look ridiculous, but don't notice while they're doing it because they are really into it. Even people who are self concious don't seem to mind looking crazy.

Rayman has a lot of mini games. As far as I can tell, you always play them one at a time even in multiplayer mode. That is really too bad, but the games are very fun. The tasks that you have to do are often pretty crazy from whack-a-mole type stuff to a FPS where you shoot plungers, to throwing a cow by swinging the remote over your head. All are a lot of fun if you have the right people and they are getting into it.

Warioware is really fun, but is solely a multiplayer game in terms of what use you'll get out of it. Unfortunately, you have to beat the single player to get to the multiplayer, but you can actually play the single player mode with people and that works too. Basically, you have to do a bunch of tasks that are all quick. They give the grip, the way you hold the remote. For example, for some you just hold it with it pointed toward the TV, for another you hold it up like it's the handle to an umbrella. Then you have to do something quick. For exmaple, with the umbrella grip you will see a banana with a bunch of flys on it. You have to quickly shake the remote to get the flies off. That one is pretty easy but in general, it's a bit harder than it sounds because you have to act quickly. In multiplayer mode you take turns and if you ever [censored] up you're eliminated. Actually there are a few varieties on the multiplayer but all are similar to that.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warioware is really fun, but is solely a multiplayer game in terms of what use you'll get out of it. Unfortunately, you have to beat the single player to get to the multiplayer, but you can actually play the single player mode with people and that works too. Basically, you have to do a bunch of tasks that are all quick. They give the grip, the way you hold the remote. For example, for some you just hold it with it pointed toward the TV, for another you hold it up like it's the handle to an umbrella. Then you have to do something quick. For exmaple, with the umbrella grip you will see a banana with a bunch of flys on it. You have to quickly shake the remote to get the flies off. That one is pretty easy but in general, it's a bit harder than it sounds because you have to act quickly. In multiplayer mode you take turns and if you ever [censored] up you're eliminated. Actually there are a few varieties on the multiplayer but all are similar to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

For such a strange and simple game, I still can't get over how much fun it is. People complain about needing to unlock the multiplayer, but as you said, having people take turns doing single player stages is just as much fun. You have to enforce the rule that everyone has to move and act in the spirit of the game (actually doing squats/hula, flapping arms, etc) because it's easy at times to 'cheat' and just manipulate controller movements.

As for the multiplayer, single elimination is ok, but it sucks that people get kicked out so quickly. The race game (max of 5), is awesome because first, no one is eliminated early and forced to watch, and second, the end sequence with the cutting of ropes can be absolutely hysterical.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Rayman and WiiSports. I think WiiSports multiplayers would really be best with a lot of space and a large tv, especially for tennis. New players really overcompensate on their movements and I worry about hitting eachother if in four player mode. Bowling is a great party game no matter how much room you have.

I wish I could comment more on WiiPlay, but I haven't played it yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Super Monkey Ball seems frustratingly hard. The WiiMote won't do anything it's supposed to, and so far it's just been a party killer.