Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Flopping a Q hi flush multiway

live 10/20 halfkill game. it's a mix of players but generally a good game, not very aggressive or macho like it normally is on a saturday night. you are new to the table. some of the players already know you (a known TAG) while others don't.

a LAG is almost broke and has been raising every hand preflop. almost none of the players at the table are adjusting to him and are cold calling his raises. aside from the LAG, the SB is the fishiest player at the table. he is loose and not very aggressive, but sometimes overplays his hands. he pays off, calls raises, then donks the next street if he still likes his hand, and will call your raise again.

the button is an unknown player. he is a white middle aged overweight man with salt and pepper hair and a touristey looking yankees cap on (with all kinds of writing and graphics). he has a mustache. he strikes you as a passive player.

this is a killpot. UTG is tight, has the kill and checks, an EP player limps, the LAG raises from EMP, and 3 people including the SB call. you're in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and it's $20 to call. you call, as does everyone else. 7 ways to the flop, 14BB in the pot.

flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads.
you raise.
everyone folds to the button who 3bets.
SB caps.
you call, button calls.

turn T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks.
you bet.
button fumbles with his chips, hands shaking like a leaf, and finally gets $60 out to raise.
SB 3bets.

your immediate pot odds are 9.5:1.

discuss.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Flopping a Q hi flush multiway

It's always possible that the SB is overplaying a set and the button is overplaying AA at 9.5:1 you have to call 2.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:10 PM

I think you can safely fold against 2 other players. It really looks like SB has the nuts. I am 99% sure you are beat here.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM

You're framing the question to get an answer that you want.

The "unknown" part will be brushed aside and people will advocate folding even though it's not at all what they would do if faced with the situation. And im pretty sure that you didnt either, but i could be wrong.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're framing the question to get an answer that you want.

The "unknown" part will be brushed aside and people will advocate folding even though it's not at all what they would do if faced with the situation. And im pretty sure that you didnt either, but i could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. i mean, why else am i posting this, right? tough to get impartial responses. but we are poker players used to responding to hands, so i thought i'd give it a shot.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I agree, especially since the button has a moustache
Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, especially since the button has a moustache

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, having a 'stache is a pretty good tell.