Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Commerce 40/80 rivered boat

BB here seems weak. I earlier saw him limp ATs in EP, flop an ace, bet it on the flop and turn, and check on the river on an unthreatening board. Button is a kid from New York who plays a few too many hands, and doesn't seem to play great, but is trying to play well.

UTG limps, fold, I limp next in with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 more limpers, blinds come along.

flop 6 ways for 6sb: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checks to me, i bet, CO calls, button calls, BB calls.

turn 4 ways for 5BB: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check, I bet, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="red"> BB c/r's </font> , I think and call, <font color="red"> button now takes the over-call-then3-bet-line that i [censored] hate </font> , bb calls and doesn't look thrilled, I call.

river:8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bb checks, I check because I am cute, button bets, <font color="red"> BB now c/r's </font> , my play?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Commerce 40/80 rivered boat

The hand is dead since there are two 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the deck. If nobody notices then 3 town.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:09 AM

you have button beat. he has QJ or 55 here like always.

i would coldcall here on the river and if my hand is good hope to extract that extra bet from button who will make the crying overcall that he would have folded to two more cold on the river. if you decided to 3-bet, button *should*/*would* fold QJ (especially if he is trying to play well), cry call with 55. however if buton has 55 here it is more likely that bb has you beat here (or tied) based on bayes theorm.

basically long story short. if you 3-bet, button should fold a lot of hands and you get an extra bet from bb if you have him beat but he will 4-bet you when he has T8 and you cry. if you coldcall button will make the crying overcall and you get the extra bet from him rather than from yourself.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand is dead since there are two 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the deck. If nobody notices then 3 town.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].
Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 AM

Default real river cared

The river was an 8 but did not bring in a frushy.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 AM

I mean I think if you 3-bet this you get the same value as if you call, but by calling you avoid possibly losing to a stronger hand (T8 or TT possibly?) I think you just call here, but its close, Id be tempted to raise if I thought button was a donk and would call two bets cold with a straight or flush.

Out of curiosity, why did you bet the flop? Seems like a spew to me.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have button beat. he has QJ or 55 here like always.

i would coldcall here on the river and if my hand is good hope to extract that extra bet from button who will make the crying overcall that he would have folded to two more cold on the river. if you decided to 3-bet, button *should*/*would* fold QJ (especially if he is trying to play well), cry call with 55. however if buton has 55 here it is more likely that bb has you beat here (or tied) based on bayes theorm.

basically long story short. if you 3-bet, button should fold a lot of hands and you get an extra bet from bb if you have him beat but he will 4-bet you when he has T8 and you cry. if you coldcall button will make the crying overcall and you get the extra bet from him rather than from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% have to agree with Chris here as there is also a very small chance the BB has 99 too.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a good look at this again, surfdoc, Bob has to call two and get a bet from the button to make up for the times he's behind BB.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a good look at this again, surfdoc, Bob has to call two and get a bet from the button to make up for the times he's behind BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you guys are right. I read this too quickly and was mostly hung up on the 8d hitting the board twice.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM

Fold preflop, as played 3-bet river. It seems you got extremely lucky, so maximize.