Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Stars .50/1 - Advice on this AK hand please

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

PF is duh, and I am ok with my 3bet on the flop too. When he capped, I did feel I was potentially behind but didn't feel that folding here was an option. On the turn, I suspected that he made his FH with AJ, and was trying to check/raise me here. That is why I checked behind. But what about the river? I was confused, admittedly. Should his hand have been obvious to me at this point? Given the action, was a river bet standard for me here?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Stars .50/1 - Advice on this AK hand please

any reads on villain?

Flop is ok.
Turn I would play the same.
After villain's river check I assume that you are still ahead in this hand. IMO, villain holds a weak ace and realised on the turn that you either had him outkicked or that you found a third jack.

bet the river btw
Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Reads? I'm betting this river. Some fish play aces this way with no regard to kicker, if he took two chances to c/r you make a note.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:38 PM

I'm gonna bet the turn here most every time. If he goes for the c/r then I c/c the river.

However, I'm willing to bet the villian had A7 and knows he got counterfiet on the turn, so bet.

Did he in fact have A7?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:51 PM

if you are going to check behind the turn then when he checks the river you have to bet. IMHO it is very unlikely that he gets extra fancy and tries to CR on the river after the turn is check check. So bet the river and outkick him.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM

I would have bet-folded the turn or river. If he check-raises you on the turn, he's got a boat and it's an easy fold because you don't have odds to chase nor the effective odds to call down. If you check behind on the turn and he check-raises you on the river, you might want to call it because that's a strange way of playing any hand.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 PM

flop is standard, turn I bet. if he checkraises, worry. river I bet for value
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 PM

Results in white:
[ QUOTE ]
However, I'm willing to bet the villian had A7 and knows he got counterfiet on the turn, so bet.

Did he in fact have A7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Winner. Nice read Digital. I gotta work on my hand reading better, A7s was his hand and he indeed got counterfeited by the J. In hindsight, the River seemed like an obvious bet for me. I still don't mind my check behind on the Turn, fearing the FH, but the check on the River should have been an open invite for me to bet. Live and learn.</font>