Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Party\'s new foreign exchange rates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy but can someone copy and paste the email they sent to Party regarding their new CDN exchange rates? I want to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I wrote them after one of their CS-muppets wrote me back claiming that the "glitch" had been fixed:

Actually, Kamal, I hate to say it, but it does not appear that the issue has been resolved, at least not based on what I am seeing in the cashier's window right now.
For example, if I enter an amount of $1,000 USD, it shows that the "amount to be credited in CA$ would be $1, 168.03
That means that you are using an exchange rate of approx. 1.168 CD$ for every 1 US$

BUT, like I, and several other upset customers have pointed out, THAT IS IS SUBSTANTIALLY LESS than the true exchange rate. Go to www.xe.com and you will see that the true exchange rate is 1.182 and NOT 1.168 that shows up in the Party cashier window.

I, and several other Canadian players, have pointed out that just a few days ago, the exchange rate in the Party cashier was a very favorable one, and that it was reduced 3 or 4 whole cents some time in the last few days. When we wrote in to complain, we were told that it was due to a technical glitch. But now you tell me that the glitch has been resolved, but the EXCHANGE RATE HAS NOT CHANGED. So what, exactly, did you think was the glitch, and how did you think it had been resolved??

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

And you say they won't respond to your emails anymore?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy but can someone copy and paste the email they sent to Party regarding their new CDN exchange rates? I want to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I wrote them after one of their CS-muppets wrote me back claiming that the "glitch" had been fixed:

Actually, Kamal, I hate to say it, but it does not appear that the issue has been resolved, at least not based on what I am seeing in the cashier's window right now.
For example, if I enter an amount of $1,000 USD, it shows that the "amount to be credited in CA$ would be $1, 168.03
That means that you are using an exchange rate of approx. 1.168 CD$ for every 1 US$

BUT, like I, and several other upset customers have pointed out, THAT IS IS SUBSTANTIALLY LESS than the true exchange rate. Go to www.xe.com and you will see that the true exchange rate is 1.182 and NOT 1.168 that shows up in the Party cashier window.

I, and several other Canadian players, have pointed out that just a few days ago, the exchange rate in the Party cashier was a very favorable one, and that it was reduced 3 or 4 whole cents some time in the last few days. When we wrote in to complain, we were told that it was due to a technical glitch. But now you tell me that the glitch has been resolved, but the EXCHANGE RATE HAS NOT CHANGED. So what, exactly, did you think was the glitch, and how did you think it had been resolved??

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

And you say they won't respond to your emails anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - they didn't respond to that one, nor the 3 followups I've sent.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 AM

As tough as it can be when dealing with Party, I would suggest a more conciliatory tone.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As tough as it can be when dealing with Party, I would suggest a more conciliatory tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

That email was only after I had sent 3 polite emails, and received 3 useless replies, each asking to wait 24-48 hrs, which i let pass without nary a whisper from them. My tone, under the circ's, is annoyed, but restrained and civil.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That email was only after I had sent 3 polite emails, and received 3 useless replies, each asking to wait 24-48 hrs, which i let pass without nary a whisper from them. My tone, under the circ's, is annoyed, but restrained and civil.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you email MikeO? He can tell you to ENJOY!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good o' party. This always happen to me when I send party any emails. I sent a very polite first email asking why the exchange rate was lower than usual. Their reply to me was their exchange rate is universally used and that nothing had been changed, which of course was flat out insulting my intelligence. I can see where teddy is coming from as I usually get replies that never answer my question and causes me to get more annoyed when I deal with them.
These outsourced indian call centres has got to go. I'm stunned that in an industry like online poker where player retention is so difficult, there isn't a bigger emphasis on customer service. I've read that the average player stays on a poker site for only 4-6 months. Pokerstars has it right and I've been playing more at stars than I used to.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Haha, Party CS is just like Dell. The companys both would be soooooo much better if they didn't have India call centers.

I have been on the phone for hours at a time calling Dell transferring through 12 different people, none who could speakEnglish well. Then the 13th one would hang up on me for no reason and I would have just waisted 5 hrs of my life.

But I keep coming back to Dell (can't beat the 50% off sales) and I keep comin gback to Party (can't beat the fish) but it really is too bad either of those companies didn't have CS that actually speaks English.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:35 PM

Guys,
I am not defending Party, however the exchange rate at www.xe.com doesnt take into account Bank Fees and Charges. The rate at XE is always above the rate the Banks and Currency convertors offer.
Could this explain the poorer rate offered against what you see on www.xe.com ?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Quick question:
Party's exchange rates are still way better than Netellers, aren't they?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question:
Party's exchange rates are still way better than Netellers, aren't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

by a few fractions of a penny, yes: party's are still a little better.