Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Did I play this correctly?

I personally would have folded pre-flop, due to A7s not being strong enough to continue. A UTG call indicates a hand that is most likely stronger than yours. Because you did call and a couple folded you gained position, but what would of you done if you had a couple of raises behind you? personally I would fold pre-flop to avoid risking the loss of a bet unnecessarily. Your opponent did show strength, not sure if A7s is going to cut it, but you were right to call him down after your flop raise...Please anyone tell me if I am wrong, still learning.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:37 PM

The PF is fine for a 25/50c table. You want to get several callers in cheaply, and this can happen fairly reliably at those stakes. The idea is to have a decent hand if you catch an ace and no one else does, but what makes it profitable while the A7o is not, is that completing the nutflush is much more likely. Each of these factors alone is not good enough. The 2 factors together make the hand profitable. As this is more of a speculative hand, postflop is another story.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PF is fine for a 25/50c table.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a limper in front of you and several players left to act, a limp is fine at basically any table.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:08 PM

Do I want to defend my statement? You are agreeing with me in a way.

Check your SSHE about what situations are optimal for Axs. I basically meant that your average 25/50 cent game usually meets those reqs. (Pages 69-70 if you're interested) it's not the only place it's right though, as our friend Aaron pointed out.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:40 PM

What Aaron is trying to say is, it is not only applicable at .25/.5, but also at every other level. Don't let the stakes (be it .02/.04 or 50/100) dictate how you play, let the situation dictate how you play.