Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Default J\'s in CO vs. aggro SB defender

Villain is 22.1/15.6/3.9 post flop over 475 hands. I've not seen anything way out of line from him, just very aggro. I am about 19/9/2.2 and playing about that at this table, so he should see me as at least not a fish.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

I had hoped for, and got,his RR from SB as standard blind defense. I briefly considered smooth-calling for deception, but decided against it.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

My first instinct was to 3-bang, but I'm thinking this guy's solid and puts me on a real hand once I cap, so I think there's a greater than 50% chance he has me beat with QQ-AA or a set, he's probably 3 banging PF w/ any pair. But it's not likely enough he has me beat that I should fold, getting 12-1 now and 16-5 (in SB) to see River I only need to be good 1 in 4 and I'm quite sure I am. Also, and maybe more importantly, I think if I raise he folds anything I beat and raises anything that beats me.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Anyone play differently? Also, this was an easy cap (assuming one does not go the deception route. I think my capping range at the time was AK and TT-AA. That's why I figured he put me on a strong hand. On further thought, against this type of villain my capping range should be more like 22+ (maybe 77+?) and AJ+. Does that sound right?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: J\'s in CO vs. aggro SB defender

Looks fine to me wa/wb after the flop most likely. He has 2-6 outs or you have 2 outs, unless he has AhKh then it's more like a coinflip. I think the preflop cap is more likely to make him play straightforward, I wouldn't be surprised to see AA or KK here at all.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:50 PM

ooook. seems solid. NH
Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first instinct was to 3-bang, but I'm thinking this guy's solid and puts me on a real hand once I cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this seems pretty accurate. I'd call down as well. If that isn't the case and he's trying to blow you off of AK, then you make more money by calling him down than by 3betting, as well. The obvious places where you miss value are if he's got 88-TT or tp.