Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: I\'m really depressed about the state of online poker now

@rearden Yeah I get what your saying, but the thing is; its still not THAT bad. You live in a wealthy country with good health support, your not poor, your not hungry, you have people that love you (hopefully) and you can support yourself. So really whats the fuss?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Become a virtual canadian/problem solved
Old 02-09-2007, 03:44 PM

<font color="red"> </font> Quanah Parker you gota be one of my favorite posters

[ QUOTE ]

Lemme see if I can remember the "why worry" mantra.
Why worry? You're either sick or well, if you're well then you have nothing to worry about. If you're sick, you'll either get better, or you'll die. If you die, you'll either go to heaven or hell. If you go to hell, you'll be so busy shaking hands with old friends you won't have time to worry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Wow, thanks a lot r0eKY.
My mom had that saying hung up in the house when I was growing up. That's about the entire extent of my religious upbringing.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@rearden Yeah I get what your saying, but the thing is; its still not THAT bad. You live in a wealthy country with good health support, your not poor, your not hungry, you have people that love you (hopefully) and you can support yourself. So really whats the fuss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you freaking joking?

We're one of the only countries on Earth that doesn't offer health care to all its citizens, the middle class is disappearing, the economic numbers are a lie, most of the populace is smothered in debt and one paycheck away from abject poverty. And that's just dealing with the points you bring up (there's also that we have more of our populace jailed than almost anyone, our government is involved in war and torture, and we don't have the freedoms we've been promised). Your post is absurd.

For me, personally, I haven't had health insurance in 7 years, I haven't had $1 in disposable income in almost 5 years, I am in fact poor, and in the long term its unclear if I can support myself without running into soul-crushing debt like the other 95% of this country. And I grew up white and middle class - I've had every advantage, I'm highly educated, I'm very smart, and technically capable.

There's the lucky few that you see on TV, then there are the rest of us. Most of the "rest of us" believe the lie they see on TV. Some of us know better.

What's the fuss?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 PM

Why are you complaining here? Write your congress person. Is your representative republican? Them remind him/her that online poker players are voters. And that some of these voters take credit for the flip in congress.

Join the Poker Players Alliance.

Make some noise.

There was a column in Poker Player recently, about how poker players swung the election. The columnist declares himself as a libertarian and claimed it was the online gambling community who threw out the republicans. His column basically lambasted the current administration and Bill Frist specifically, in using this as a ploy to win votes; and it backfired.

Read it. Write to congress about it. Keep up the heat. Let's keep online poker legal.

BTW...anybody know if B&amp;M card rooms are behind this?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 PM

You know what? I'm going to talk straight to you for a change, since it appears that no one ever has.

If you voted for conservatives in every election lifelong and now your answer is to vote libertarian (which is to continue to vote for the status quo) then you know what? I'm glad you were hurt, and I'm glad you're depressed.

I'm a woman. I have never had the luxury of kidding myself that I lived in a free country or that I had free choices. I went without being allowed to buy health insurance, at any price I could pay, for almost two decades, because of a health condition I was born with. I have no sympathy for any conservative, and I don't care that you have now lost your freedom, because your entire life and your every vote was about taking away mine from the day I first took breath on this earth.

I can sympathize with a KurtSF. I can't sympathize with any Republican or any Libertarian (Libertarians are just dope-smoking Republicans anyway). You brought this down on all of us. Because of conservative intolerance, NEITHER party can ignore victimless crimes like poker, pot, prostitution, abortion -- because any time a party goes "soft" on one of these issues or even stands up and says you know what, pot is OK, abortion is OK and these things should be the right of every adult -- then another Republican fascist seizes hold of the issues and uses it to ride into office and go roughshed over all of us.

So don't cry to me about how Democrats don't stand up for your poker rights either. You [censored} us for 30 years since abortion was legalized for trying to extend a basic right -- the very right to choose when or not to have a chiild. So ask us to go to the ropes to you for POKER?

Please. You made your bed. You can burn in it. Every time a Democrat has fought for a right, be it civil rights, abortion rights, medical pot rights, gay rights, we've been [censored]. So forget about asking us to go to the wall for poker. Fair is fair, and karma is karma.

The ones I feel sorry for are the decent people like Kurt SF who are the collateral damage, decent liberal people who actually wanted other people to have rights and who are also getting screwed because of the conservative climate deliberately created by GOP [censored]wits.

I apologize for the strong tone of this post but my God. You have learned nothing, and you don't deserve a moment's pity. From anyone. Fight for my right not to have my rapist's baby, fight for my right to health care, and I'll fight for your right to play online poker. But I'm not holding my breath. No libertarian wants me to be able to see a doctor. If I was born with a condition, I should have just died like Darwin intended. Fine. Right back atcha.

(I guess I am not a depressed person. I am an angry person! :-) I live in New Orleans, in case you haven't heard of it, it's sort of like BanglaDesh. Only with fewer unflooded hospitals and more gunplay. They tell me it's in America.)
Old 02-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Look, bad as things are, they'd be a LOT worse if the commie Democrats had been running the show the last 8 years. I usually vote Libertarian and the Conservatives. I'll rot in hell before I vote for any Democrat.

[ QUOTE ]
Fight for my right not to have my rapist's baby, fight for my right to health care, and I'll fight for your right to play online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to "fight" for those things I disagree with. Sounds like it sucks to be you tho.

And good luck in New Orleans, which was a hellhole before Katrina wiped it out thanks to the Democrat liberal leadership in that city/state.

BB
Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a woman

[/ QUOTE ]

lol