Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Default 3-6 Prima

3-6 NL Prima 6handed

Stacks are 100bb

I'm the most active player preflop, semitilted from other table. Not sure they know. Otherwise normal 3-6 table, no real fish except me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fold, I pot with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button and BB calls.

Flop(66) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I pot, BB calls, button folds

Turn (200) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2 questions, I check? Standard or sometimes. Not sure about his range here since BB also called preflop. But I can't see him that strong, so I might as well give him the chance to bet? He knows I have a wide range here and have seen me open pre and bet/fold the flop alot.

Ok so I checked, he bets 125, I push, 400 to him..

Afterwards I thought to myself, is my hand strong enough to flat call the turn? With a set/two pair/AA I would never do that

Boring and probably very easy hand for most, but I'm interested in your thoughts

Cheers!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 3-6 Prima

board is wwwaaayyy too drawy to be checking turn. I would hate to see him check behind, then any Q/J/7/club etc etc fall on the river. Its not so much about you getting outdrawn, its about him getting scared.

After checking, there's no way you can c/c, c/shove is a must
Old 02-10-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: 3-6 Prima

[ QUOTE ]
board is wwwaaayyy too drawy to be checking turn. I would hate to see him check behind, then any Q/J/7/club etc etc fall on the river. Its not so much about you getting outdrawn, its about him getting scared.

After checking, there's no way you can c/c, c/shove is a must

[/ QUOTE ]

True but how strong can he be? He's folding all marginal hands if I bet the turn, right? If he's really strong money goes in no matter what I do

Since we HU on the turn and my range is very wide, don't you think he fires almost 100% of the time?

Glad you say C/R all in once I checked