Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Congrats on initial Tournament Success at Truepoker

If I win a WSOP seat on True Poker do I need to wear a TP condom while at the tables?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see that 10th paid $188.... good for you.

Do tourney players practice the sort of "game selection " that cash game players discuss ? Because, in addition to the cash for 1st, the Sunday 1st place winner gets an Added Value, a Seat in our March 22d WSOP SuperSatellite.

Win a $50+5 188 person tourney, get about $2800 + a $1,000 March 22d SuperSatellite Seat, which likely will have about 60 - 65 players or so and will award a WSOP Trip for every 13 players.

It is a pretty quick road to a $13,000 WSOP Package, (although some players might like playing 10 - 14 hours through thousands of players at multiple levels at a larger site.)

However the ultimate +EV may be our Totally Free WSOP4Free Series, with S&G or multi-table FREE qualifiers every day, leading in two steps to the same SuperSatellite .... and it IS Free.

David

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, David.

I'll give my 2 cents about tourney game selection even though I am not the best example to discuss this. For me personally, I am mostly a rings player, not foraying into MTT's all that too often. This is due to me working full-time with long commute times so I have limited hours in a week that I could set aside for poker. With MTT's having a high variance, I stick with rings most of the time.

What motivates me to play tourneys or SNG would be seeing a great structure to the main goal. I won't even try for MTT's where it is a $200 buy in (even if there is a $20 winner-takes-all satellite SNG going) for a $13K package. A $200 MTT tourney into a $13K package means 1 in every 65 or such! Crazy.

I prefer any structure in a non-freeroll attempt that is reasonable like 1 in 10 through 1 to 20 maximum. Example:

3-tiered:

1.) $10+$1 SNG or MTT (my preference), 1 in every 10 gets a seat to the $100+$7 MTT.
2.) $100+$7 MTT, 1 in every 10 gets a seat to the $1,000+$50 qualifying satellite for a "big" package.
3.) Then, from there, the entry to $1,000+$50 means 1 in 10 to 1 in 13 depending on value of whatever package it is for ($10K - $13K).

While this structure should be popular for most poker sites, it doesn't actually seem to be... some sites use similar concept of "Steps" where there are at least 5 levels of SNG's where you go up and down the ladder... too much time for me, personally.

Finally, I am not fond of winner-takes-all SNG qualifiers that understandly are everywhere... but being 1st of 10 in a SNG, even for a good player, is not much more than 10%. Being in the top 3 alone usually is only 25-35% for a such player... I'm spewing all those numbers based on observation, and can be dead wrong. (I prefer an alternative in where the SNG entry fee is little higher so that 1st place gets the next level's seat with 2nd/3rd place getting rest of cash as "compensation" for managing to be in top 3 of a 10-seat SNG to show for it).

So that's another game selection I would avoid.. if I see a $10+$1 SNG and the prize is to a $100+$7 MTT or simply $100 cash, I will avoid it without question. However, I would be happy to play $10+$1 MTT qualifier to gain an entry into a $100+$7 MTT (1 in 10 is a good number for MTT as opposed to SNG).

P.S. Sorry for babbling...

* CalvinTy
Old 02-13-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Valentines Reload on True poker

nice.

is there a way to tell your progress towards the bonus? stats only give you a total number of hands. obviously, not all of them are raked.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see that 10th paid $188.... good for you.

Do tourney players practice the sort of "game selection " that cash game players discuss ? Because, in addition to the cash for 1st, the Sunday 1st place winner gets an Added Value, a Seat in our March 22d WSOP SuperSatellite.

Win a $50+5 188 person tourney, get about $2800 + a $1,000 March 22d SuperSatellite Seat, which likely will have about 60 - 65 players or so and will award a WSOP Trip for every 13 players.

It is a pretty quick road to a $13,000 WSOP Package, (although some players might like playing 10 - 14 hours through thousands of players at multiple levels at a larger site.)

However the ultimate +EV may be our Totally Free WSOP4Free Series, with S&G or multi-table FREE qualifiers every day, leading in two steps to the same SuperSatellite .... and it IS Free.

David

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, David.

I'll give my 2 cents about tourney game selection even though I am not the best example to discuss this. For me personally, I am mostly a rings player, not foraying into MTT's all that too often. This is due to me working full-time with long commute times so I have limited hours in a week that I could set aside for poker. With MTT's having a high variance, I stick with rings most of the time.

What motivates me to play tourneys or SNG would be seeing a great structure to the main goal. I won't even try for MTT's where it is a $200 buy in (even if there is a $20 winner-takes-all satellite SNG going) for a $13K package. A $200 MTT tourney into a $13K package means 1 in every 65 or such! Crazy.

I prefer any structure in a non-freeroll attempt that is reasonable like 1 in 10 through 1 to 20 maximum. Example:

3-tiered:

1.) $10+$1 SNG or MTT (my preference), 1 in every 10 gets a seat to the $100+$7 MTT.
2.) $100+$7 MTT, 1 in every 10 gets a seat to the $1,000+$50 qualifying satellite for a "big" package.
3.) Then, from there, the entry to $1,000+$50 means 1 in 10 to 1 in 13 depending on value of whatever package it is for ($10K - $13K).

While this structure should be popular for most poker sites, it doesn't actually seem to be... some sites use similar concept of "Steps" where there are at least 5 levels of SNG's where you go up and down the ladder... too much time for me, personally.

Finally, I am not fond of winner-takes-all SNG qualifiers that understandly are everywhere... but being 1st of 10 in a SNG, even for a good player, is not much more than 10%. Being in the top 3 alone usually is only 25-35% for a such player... I'm spewing all those numbers based on observation, and can be dead wrong. (I prefer an alternative in where the SNG entry fee is little higher so that 1st place gets the next level's seat with 2nd/3rd place getting rest of cash as "compensation" for managing to be in top 3 of a 10-seat SNG to show for it).

So that's another game selection I would avoid.. if I see a $10+$1 SNG and the prize is to a $100+$7 MTT or simply $100 cash, I will avoid it without question. However, I would be happy to play $10+$1 MTT qualifier to gain an entry into a $100+$7 MTT (1 in 10 is a good number for MTT as opposed to SNG).

P.S. Sorry for babbling...

* CalvinTy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with CawlvinTy on this one. Any site that offers a $10-$100-$1000-WSOP/WPT satellite format (or similar) gets my business....
Old 02-13-2006, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to tell your progress towards the bonus? stats only give you a total number of hands. obviously, not all of them are raked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Menu->Promotions->My Promotions will do it.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it doesn't. check again. (used to work, but that was long time ago).
Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with CawlvinTy on this one. Any site that offers a $10-$100-$1000-WSOP/WPT satellite format (or similar) gets my business....

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:57 PM

Checking my bonus status under My Promotions worked fine for me this weekend.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This worked for me last night, but I did notice that I had to double click on the promotion. Selecting it and clicking "OK" just closed the window. I had to test it a few times before I figured out double clicking was the way to do it.

Don't know if that's a bug or a feature...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM

I do not have an account at True Poker but if I sign up, I would rather not do the sign-up bonus as it will take too long to clear. Can I just put in the reload code and skip right to reload and avoid the sign-up bonus or will that automatically be given to me anyway to clear? And if it does, I assume the sign-up clears first so I would have to get through that before the reload?