Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Default AKo push from shortstack and 10$ more to call

So I was holding AKo vs Villian with 48.9/8.9/1.53(70) stats. I saw him pushing all-in with a TPBK earlier this day. So how is a call there? Is a call justified? I knew he wouldn't play his set like this plus it was only 10 more to go.
Really need advice since I'm bad on such decissions.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.80
UTG+1: $16.10
CO: $27.85
Button: $31.70
SB: $40.35
cyg: $58.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) cyg is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">cyg raises to $9</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($21, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">cyg bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $22.7</font>, cyg ???

Thanks in advance, I hope I'm not spamming too many hands and threads.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: AKo push from shortstack and 10$ more to call

call, you have odds to hit your straight, plus your K might be an out if he has a hand like AQ, but if you're going to bet 12 you might aswel put him all in because you can't fold to his push. Your pf raise was a little large imo, I usually make it 7 here.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:20 PM

you can raise to 7 pre flop, imo 9 is bloating the pot. also bet more into the flop like 17 ish. you have to call tho im afraid.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:20 PM

Call, you have most probably 10 outs.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can raise to 7 pre flop, imo 9 is bloating the pot. also bet more into the flop like 17 ish. you have to call tho im afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop bet is good. Its a reraised pot.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 PM

not when villain has 22 left, if he had a full stack then yeah, but any real bet and you are comitted so you might aswell c/f or push. I think on this board c/f is a good idea, unless he calls your pf raise with crap.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM

okay, this is how it ended:
Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($21, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">cyg bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $22.7</font>, cyg calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($66.4, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $66.4)

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($66.4, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $66.4)

Results:
Final pot: $66.4

I thought it was a good call.
He had 77, some hands earlier he called my all-in push with KTo on a flop with K. My pocket Aces were good until the river came with a second cowboy.
Thanks for your advice, much apreciated.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it looks a little scared to me. its not a terrible bet. but i think a little more will take it down more often than not.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it looks a little scared to me. its not a terrible bet. but i think a little more will take it down more often than not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to admit here, it looks scared to me too, and I was scared.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It truly does to someone new to the game. Induces lots of pushes and bluffs from the other side. Which is a good thing considering most of the time we should be ahead if his range. But regardless you hit or not, you should always follow the same bet patterns with your cbets. There is also no rush to get all his money right on the flop, since even a half pot size in a reraised pot often leaves him pot committed.

3bet in HU pot *supposedly* eliminates drawing hands, like SC's. So opponent is drawing to 3 or 2 outs and half the pot is more than enough to protect.