Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Dealing with short stacks and All ins, Stars 2/4 AQo

Preflop raiser is a donk that just took a bad beat, complained about it and is left with $12.50 before the hand.

Preflop 3 bettor seems tagish but only over 50 hands.

Coldcaller is 75/15/1 over 40 hands, I don't believe he'll fold a pair.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls $0.50 (All-In).

My thinking is to bet(and probably be raised) by the original raiser and put him all in on most flops(he has only $4.50 left on the flop). I think I figure to have the best hand here a decent portion of the time, and would like to use the steamer to eliminate players.

Any merit to this, or am I deluding myself?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Dealing with short stacks and All ins, Stars 2/4 AQo

postflop is fine but dont go out of ur way to find spots to do this. preflop i just fold though

sometimes I call sometiems i cap AKo (depends how important i think it is to see if the initial raiser caps)
Old 02-09-2007, 03:05 AM

Always nice to be able to take advantage of a tilter, but I don't think this this is the right time to do it. Hand's just not good enough.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking is to bet(and probably be raised) by the original raiser and put him all in on most flops(he has only $4.50 left on the flop). I think I figure to have the best hand here a decent portion of the time, and would like to use the steamer to eliminate players.

Any merit to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a plan. It only cost 3SB in a 16SB pot and if you're behind you have outs. Knocking out 2 other players is good.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knocking out 2 other players is good

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you really be so sure, that 2 other players will get knocked out in this spot?