Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Pls help, 64s steal against tilting villain

100NL 6 max at Crypto

Reads - Villain is on a little bit of tilt after getting stacked with AKs vs AA and a couple of other hands where he overplayed TP. From a small sample, he is like 24/12 so I think his preflop play is average to good. A little weak postflop though - and complains being sucked out on postflop with a premium preflop hand all the time. My image is probably right, playing pretty much raise or fold preflop poker for the last 2 orbits - haven't showed down any significant hands tho.

Stacks - Me $100+, Villain $75

Hero gets 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button

Preflop:

Folds to hero who raises to $4, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $3, Hero calls
Turn:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets $9, BB calls.
River:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets $29...

I think preflop is ok given tight image.
Flop - do we call here? With such a low paired flop and a weak bet I think villain could be doing this with overs. Plus I think if I catch the 5, he prob lose a lot if he does have a pair since he is on tilt

Turn - check behind or bet? His check is telling me its more likely he just took a stab on the flop. I wouldn't mind taking it down now.

River - lol runner runner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] His turn call was surprising, I now think he has an overpair or remotely possible 33. What bet size gets overpairs to call here?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Pls help, 64s steal against tilting villain

Isnt the pot 32.50 on the river? If so, I think 29 scares away many of those hands. I think villain can find the call button for 20 as he probably puts you on a pair as well and is definitely in the mindset if he is tilting to make a crying call. They are surely not in the right state to make good laydowns.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I think I just fold the flop. you're basically just floating here. I love to float, but not against possible tilty opponents.

turn I check behind. the only draw just hit, you have some showdown value, and I'd rather not bloat the pot. it's true that your hand is very fragile, but there's less of a need to protect since there's only one more card to come.

on the river I'd bet 1/2-2/3, whatever is more consistent with your metagame.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are surely not in the right state to make good laydowns.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the reason to bet more.

I go full-pot here.

Villain will call with any pair. We didn't raise the flop, so we're not supposed to have a good hand in his mind. He puts us on ace-high.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:38 PM

I might raise the flop, cos he's probably weak. Unless you think he's really tilting and will call you down with anything. On the river, I don't think he has a 2, 33 or a straight and has probably got something like 3,4 so unless he's really tilting he's not going to call much more than $10 i reckon.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I go full-pot here.

Villain will call with any pair. We didn't raise the flop, so we're not supposed to have a good hand in his mind. He puts us on ace-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they are tilting, but does villain really put us on an ace? Maybe taking one stab at the pot an Ace could be in our range, but with two streets of action from us and an ability in a decent pot to check behind on the river for showdown I really do not see that line as having an ace.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM

No I think he at least has a pair in this situation. But agree that a larger bet is ok given he is tilting.

[ QUOTE ]

I know they are tilting, but does villain really put us on an ace? Maybe taking one stab at the pot an Ace could be in our range, but with two streets of action from us and an ability in a decent pot to check behind on the river for showdown I really do not see that line as having an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]