Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 09:25 PM

Default 5/10 Q9o Blind defence

Villain unknown but I have seen him cdw a weak Ace on a AKxKx board vs a PF cap (he open-limped that hand)

Play it the same?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks planning to call.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Q9o Blind defence

I like bet/calling the river better. we dont want TT-QQ to check through there, and we may get raised by AK or AA.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:50 PM

whats cdw btw? I need to learn all these 2p2/internet terms eventually probably.

do people really 3bet a cr on top pair pairing and then ck behind on the river? if they are afraid there hand isnt best why 3bet the turn so it potentially costs more to showdown their overpair when u cap trips or have 22 or 66. Even if people do do this (which I have hardly ever to see over hundreds of thousands of hands), is it enough of a concern where its worth trying to squeeze value out of worse hands that often bet themselves, while getting charged an extra BB by all the better hands? I dont happen to think so.

I play it the same as u w/o more of a read he'd play a hand worse than trips this way against me. He should be fearful a bit at least after u check-raise the turn (not too many villains id probably cap here w/o a history or unless i suspected a player of tilting or thinking I'm a maniac I might). It does perhaps sound like hes the type of terrible player you could cap lead pretty confidently, but u only get one more bet when ahead that way as opposed to calling the 3bet and ck calling the river vs being behind and capping and bet calling which loses 3bbs more, so id like to be a bit more confident in his postflop play before Id cap.

I dont see any reason to let urself get owned by better hands by betting out on the river as played, and even if he occasionally raises a worse hand (which would be hard to fathom happening very often) ur still usually losing almost ur whole BB when u call the raise I'd imagine and all those worse hands that 3bet the turn and call ur river donk will probably bet if u check anyways.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:50 PM

I like bet/calling river also. But I like capping turn and then bet/calling river even better.

I'm not all that worried about A9 or K9 here. I think he'd play a high PP the same way, maybe even AdKd too.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 PM

Man, I am either really off today or just too agreeable. Nice post, jstill.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats cdw btw?

[/ QUOTE ]
call down with
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 PM

i dont mind capping IMO thorv id just like to know this guy is either aggro enough or stupid enough to 3bet a worse hand on the turn after my check-raise before Id go for it. That might be erring on the side of cautious perhaps though but it really doesn't gain us that much more if ahead to cap and loses quite a bit more if behind.

if i didnt cap the turn though Id never bet out on the river.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I call down from the turn 3-bet. He's either got AA/KK or a better 9, unless he's really bad. Either way, YOUR hand is face up after you c/r the turn, so a call down is fine.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:53 PM

i think uve got this hand locked, i like capping the turn then bet/calling river. Well played for the most part.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think uve got this hand locked, i like capping the turn then bet/calling river. Well played for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like putting in 6 bets on the turn and river with this hand. He has a pretty good idea of your hand when you check raise for the second time. If you want to get another bet in, just call the turn and b/c the river.

Maybe you are right though. But I'd need a solid read on him overplaying over pairs before I did that.