Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt add MyWebATM as deposit method

Ok I took a look at the source code for the web page and it appears to send the information over a secure link even though the page you enter the information on doesn't show any certificate. To be safe you might want to use this link to sign up.
https://www.ebsg.net/oa/mywebATM
Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I was willing to give them my personal information the site doesn't appear to have SSL encryption. Sending personal information, especially a SS#, over the Internet in the clear is a BAD idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had read ANY of the other threads on this subject you would have already seen that the form IS encrypted in a SSL secured iFrame. This is probably poor design on the part of their web development team, but the form itself is secure.

That's a total of 2 posts full of misinformation you posted here without reading any of the existing subject matter.... thanks for taking the time to post responsibly about something that you're knowledgable on. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had read ANY of the other threads on this subject you would have already seen that the form IS encrypted in a SSL secured iFrame. This is probably poor design on the part of their web development team, but the form itself is secure.

That's a total of 2 posts full of misinformation you posted here without reading any of the existing subject matter.... thanks for taking the time to post responsibly about something that you're knowledgable on. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike you I have better things to do than look through all the threads in this site. It wasn't mentioned in this thread so I thought I'd bring it up. You attitude suckes dude; get a life. If this is the way you treat new people this isn't the respectful forum I thought it was. From someone with as many posts as you I would think you should be setting the example.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could argue that for a financial services company to be so shoddy over something that ought to be How To Run A Financial Services Website 101 is a bad sign for the rest of their organisation, however...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You attitude suckes dude; get a life. If this is the way you treat new people this isn't the respectful forum I thought it was. From someone with as many posts as you I would think you should be setting the example.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that my attitude sucks. What you don't realize as a new poster here is that posts like this are misleading and result in people beleiving information that is false. When the USA Today story was posted here and discussed there was mass pandemonium because people assumed their funds at Neteller were being frozen when, in fact, that was not the case.

Your posts thusfar have been irresponsible and misinformative. Someone who doesn't know any better could read your (false) information and take it as truth.

I'm tired of people coming here pretending to know the truth or posting their elaborate conspiracy theories about why internet gambling sites don't want to be legalized, about the pros all going to jail and various other juicy tidbits of misinformation or conspiracy theory that have been posted over the past few weeks.

This community has enough people pretending to know what the hell they are talking about that we don't need new users signing up and posting more garbage.

You want an example? I'll set an example for you. I'm going to stop talking about things that I am clueless about. Please follow my example.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if people cant withdraw money easily i doubt they will deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how few online poker players actually withdraw money?

Full Tilt and MyWebATM did this in a smart way. If you've paid attention over the past few weeks I'm sure many of you noticed the fish supply dwindling. The fish were going broke with no way to reload. The deposit solution is much more important than a new withdrawal method from a business standpoint. If the fish supply dries up the grinders follow shortly behind.

I just want a way for the fish to keep reloading. Make me cashout by check for life. It doesn't make a huge difference to me. I'm not playing with my grocery money here. As long as the fish supply is provided ways to reload their accounts and we have at least one viable method of withdrawal I'm not tremendously concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm tired of people coming here pretending to know the truth or posting their elaborate conspiracy theories about why internet gambling sites don't want to be legalized, about the pros all going to jail and various other juicy tidbits of misinformation or conspiracy theory that have been posted over the past few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That not wanting to be legalized theory is mine (the OP borrowed it from my website). I do know what I'm talking about on this one so how about you quit the derogatory tone at everyone who doesn't share your views?

It is poor programming on the part of MyWebATM to have buried the secure part of the page in a frame. I would have to wonder about the underlying security of their systems for them to make such a dumb blunder. If they have my SSN, account numbers, etc and they can't even properly set up a secure form on their website there's valid concern that they could be hacked and that information could become exposed.

As I've posted previously, blindly accepting FTP's vouching for these guys is just plain stupid. They have an obvious bias. Given that they can't be trusted to give unbiased advice then people should attempt to make an informed decision based on the facts at hand. And the facts are, these guys have no "About Us" page or offer any information about who they are. They also seem to have made a dumb mistake when implementing a secure form. We can arrive at different conclusions as to whether or not these are sufficient reasons not to trust them but to deny them or to attempt to dismiss them is not being very honest.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if people cant withdraw money easily i doubt they will deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how few online poker players actually withdraw money?

Full Tilt and MyWebATM did this in a smart way. If you've paid attention over the past few weeks I'm sure many of you noticed the fish supply dwindling. The fish were going broke with no way to reload. The deposit solution is much more important than a new withdrawal method from a business standpoint. If the fish supply dries up the grinders follow shortly behind.

I just want a way for the fish to keep reloading. Make me cashout by check for life. It doesn't make a huge difference to me. I'm not playing with my grocery money here. As long as the fish supply is provided ways to reload their accounts and we have at least one viable method of withdrawal I'm not tremendously concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Definitely QFMFT.

Everyone here is so ME ME ME ME ME. If they could stop for a second and think, they'd realize that the best way to get ME ME ME ME ME is to think FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH first.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As I've posted previously, blindly accepting FTP's vouching for these guys is just plain stupid. They have an obvious bias. Given that they can't be trusted to give unbiased advice then people should attempt to make an informed decision based on the facts at hand. And the facts are, these guys have no "About Us" page or offer any information about who they are. They also seem to have made a dumb mistake when implementing a secure form. We can arrive at different conclusions as to whether or not these are sufficient reasons not to trust them but to deny them or to attempt to dismiss them is not being very honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that FT is "biased" is somewhat irrelevant. From a business perspective, it makes sense to have a reliable 3rd party for money transfers, otherwise nobody would be willing to deposit money. It is pretty much that simple.

The fact that FT vouched for MyWebATM actually speaks to legitimacy, imo. FT's credibility is now tied w/MyWebATM. If the latter turned out to be shady, gg FT you just blew your bankroll.