Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Harrah\'s Metropolis, IL- what to expect?

I am heading to the area for a few days and wanted to know what to expect at this Harrah's poker room.

What games they usually spread, tips, etc?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Harrah\'s Metropolis, IL- what to expect?

Don't expect much. They only have 4 tables. Lately they have been spreading nothing but 1/2 NL. You might catch a day with 4/8 or 5/10 limit or 2/5 NL. I've never seen anything but holdem spread. They have a tourney on Monday night-I've never played it. I think the buy-in is $125. It sells out hours ahead of time because they only take 40 players and no alternates.

The limit regulars are terrible. Most of the NL regulars are terrible, but there are a core of decent players (it's not hard to figure out who has a clue).

Tips are pooled, so the dealers are SLOOOOWW. The poker room is jammed in a corner on the top level and it can be noisy with the slot machhines. It will be very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights because they have the $5 BJ tables on the same floor and they have an obnoxious loud DJ in to appeal to the college kids (they'll be from Southern Illinois U. and Murray State and SE Missouri).

Comps-$0.75/hr on your Harrah's card.

I live an hour away and I love poker and I don't go here very often.