Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Another Possible Solution

I think this is the manner in which online poker will eventually become legal. However, rather than having the government run it, I think licenses should be granted to the current cardrooms. They would then compete against each other for our business.

California is a good place to get this started because of the ballot measure process. The main roadblock is the tribal lobby -- from what I understand they can't be included because their tribal compact would have to be renegotiated, and this can't happen through a ballot measure.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 AM

tl;dc
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 AM

"Gawd, I can hear all already"

and yet you keep yapping. Try checkers or something and go away. You are clearly clueless. Read your own threads or something for God's sake.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would behoove the state to have the site operator studiously ignore such things as IP addresses. As long as the PINs were purchased and cashed in at an authorized location, everyone is good to go. (just like the lottery)

[/ QUOTE ]

TF's suggestion is actually non-ridiculous, except for this part. States will definitely NOT feel free to be willfully blind on the topic of whether out-of-staters are playing. If this were to happen they would have to police the in-state requirement fiercely.

For example, my state (among others) will sell you a lotto subscription by mail ... but will only mail to an in-state address. Don't expect any different if state-run poker happens.

TF's no-multitabling wet-dream, tho ... not gonna happen. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TF's suggestion is actually non-ridiculous, except for this part. States will definitely NOT feel free to be willfully blind on the topic of whether out-of-staters are playing. If this were to happen they would have to police the in-state requirement fiercely.

For example, my state (among others) will sell you a lotto subscription by mail ... but will only mail to an in-state address. Don't expect any different if state-run poker happens.............

[/ QUOTE ]

But, I believe I can go into your state and physically buy a lottery ticket, and if I win I can legally collect my winnings.

I am no expert on the various lotteries and how they are run, but I seem to recall Californians going into Arizona to participate in the mega Powerball lottery. And I don't think there is a residency requirement to collect on a winning California lottery ticket.

If anyone knows for sure, chime in.

In any case, it would be in California's best interest to have as many participants as possible. Futhermore, it would be in other state's interests to be a partner and collect on the revenue stream.

Tuff
Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM

tl;dr. I skimmed parts of your post, and got bored when you started talking about PINS. However, I think you are basically advocating a state-run online poker room. I don't really think that's any different than a privately-run room with state oversight and auditing. It may come about, it may not.

Edit: More pics of daughterfish pls.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:47 PM

so am i the only one that thinks TF is being ridic. hated on for no good reason?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so am i the only one that thinks TF is being ridic. hated on for no good reason?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. However, maybe if he wasn't BBVs clown people might respect him.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM

Location: So I put two and two together and decided - you\'re pissin\' me off.

I have a simple rule in life: Anybody who bitches about multi-tablers being too slow, but then has to pratically count on their fingers to realize that they have a straight flush and maybe they shouldn't fold, derserves all the criticism they get.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a simple rule in life: Anybody who bitches about multi-tablers being too slow, but then has to pratically count on their fingers to realize that they have a straight flush and maybe they shouldn't fold, derserves all the criticism they get.

[/ QUOTE ]

spel much?

T