Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Want her to eat your ass?
yes 153 33.12%
no 309 66.88%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week 5)

[ QUOTE ]
Choosing to never vote for an athiest cannot be compared to the prejudice of never voting for a black person. You don't know anything about the black person's beliefs, morality, etc. by simply knowing their race. However, a religious person knows a priori that an athiest has a fundamentally different approach to morality in that it's not based in a belief in God. Some people are comforted to think that the person whose finger is on the button is a person of faith. Such a person doesn't need to know anything more about the person to know that they wouldn't want that person to be president. It's based on the knowledge of an actual choice or belief of that person (the fact that they don't believe in a god of any sort), so it's not prejudiced. Calling Jennifer prejudiced based on her statement is an unfair characterization.

[/ QUOTE ]Can I laugh at someone who is a total idiot then?

For saying that she doesn't want religion to enter into politics, and then backing up and saying she won't vote for somebody who isn't a religious freak?

Yes, I'm an aetheist.

But think about what you say... You stupid f'ing idiots.

p.s. Jen is definitely a TOP PRO... no doubt about it... but she's also a first class idiot, based on what I've read here.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 AM

She's the reason Bush is in office now.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are they airing reruns allready? does anyone kno how the ratings have been for this show thus far?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ratings have been around a 1.0, depending upon the market you're in. In the 18-35 male demographic, they've been higher.

Incedibly, the show's ratings rival that of Jimmy Kimmel and come close, in the male demographic, to Leno and Letterman.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 PM

The best thing about this table is that no matter if you liked or dislike Laak's antics, you just absolutely know he wants to crush Antonio, and you know Antonio wants to crush Laak.

They were probably the first 2 (maybe Moneymaker), who I knew REALLY wanted to win.

Sometimes I think some of the richer, more established guys like Doyle & Helmuth are just phoning it in.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see nothing wrong with Harmans beliefs even though I disagree with them. However to say she isnt prejudice against atheists is rediculous. If she would NEVER vote for one then she is prejudice. If she said she would never vote for a black person then she would be prejudice against black people.

By the way, if she is that religious then it makes some sense that she would never vote for an atheist. But she is talking out of both sides of her mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Choosing to never vote for an athiest cannot be compared to the prejudice of never voting for a black person. You don't know anything about the black person's beliefs, morality, etc. by simply knowing their race. However, a religious person knows a priori that an athiest has a fundamentally different approach to morality in that it's not based in a belief in God. Some people are comforted to think that the person whose finger is on the button is a person of faith. Such a person doesn't need to know anything more about the person to know that they wouldn't want that person to be president. It's based on the knowledge of an actual choice or belief of that person (the fact that they don't believe in a god of any sort), so it's not prejudiced. Calling Jennifer prejudiced based on her statement is an unfair characterization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I'm completely freaked that the person with their finger on the button is a man of faith. All it takes is for him to have a "religious experience" where the big guy tells him to push it...
Old 02-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Could Hellmuth be using PAD as cheap (to him) advertising? The donking around with trash hands, the "I'm so unlucky" whining, the "I'm trapping to reel you in later" speeches, the playing like him being Phil Hellmuth should strike fear in their hearts...is it all some brilliant set-up of the donks and amateurs he expects to run into at the WSOP?

$20K that's probably not coming out of his pocket anyway could look to him like a reasonable price to have fish coming at him thinking "Oh, Hellmuth, I saw him on TV, he can't play for [censored]" when he goes back to squeaky tight and pummels them with big hand after big hand.

Probably not worthwhile, since I suspect fish already come after him plenty just because they want to see his head explode, but a possible explanation. He's a better player than he's showing on PAD, and he's not stupid enough to think the "I'm Phil Hellmuth, bow down before me" shtick carries any weight with these opponents.