Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM

Default x-post: SnGs starting this weekend at Tulalip

I originally posted this in the STTF, but I'd be interested in hearing what you B&M guys think about the structure and how bad I could expect the play to be (especially you Tulalip regulars).

"This is at Tulalip for you guys who are in the Seattle/Vancouver area. I just grabbed this flyer yesterday from their poker room and scanned it when I got home so hopefully I could get some feedback from you guys on the structure

So obv the rake is not good at all, but I'm 99.98% sure that most of the players, especially on the bubble, will be terrible.

So what do you think STTF, can the $225+ buy-in rake be beatable? What about the lower ones?

TIA!"
Old 02-07-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: x-post: SnGs starting this weekend at Tulalip

I've only played $3/6 LO8 at Tulalip but out of all the places I've played LO8, it was definitely the softest. I really don't like the blind structure. From what I know about Hold 'Em, everyone starts out as a short stack at 10BB.

This seems like a crap shoot/shove all-in festival to me. I guess it would be profitable if you have a large enough bankroll to withstand the short-term variance.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM

I have played WSOPC token satelites with similar structures and winner take all, and people still try to "play poker", opening for a 3bb raise with 7bb behind and folding to a shove. Super soft. I would think the $115s would be beatable too, and more likely to go on a regular basis than the higher SNGs - at least in the clubs I am used to (Sacramento-Reno-Lake Tahoe). That said, if there is a soft 3/6 LO8 game I think you are better off sitting in that than playing the $115 SNGs.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 PM

I don't think my previous post was very clear. I was talking about LO8 just to describe the kind of competition that I faced at Tulalip. I've never played Hold Em there but if LO8 is any indication, then the competition should be pretty soft.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 AM

I've played at Tulalip 4/8 Limit and 3/5 NL and can confirm that the competition should be VERY soft! A few guys that know some post-flop play, but obviously are gamblers and a few people that are just passing by (either on I-5 or on a nearby slot aisle).
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 AM

My favorite moment playing 3/6 O8 at Tulalip:

Someone bets the river, someone else calls, and an old lady calls. She then turns up her cards, and looks at the dealer with a confused look. "What do I have??" she asks.