Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: My new website....freemoneymakingguide.com

I like the idea for the site.

I think you should investigate SEO a little bit more if you haven't already. Having a title like "So What is this site about?" isn't going to get you ranked for anything compared to something like "FreeMoneyMakingGuide.com - Free quality proven methods.....". Just use some of the text in the banner that you have for your home page title. Also use alt text for that banner.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Huh, weird. The forum index is showing a new post from BradleyT, but I can't see it. I go back to the index, and it's still showing a new post, but it's not there.

Did you just post something Bradley?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it fine now. Never had that happen before.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the advice, will do.

-Scott
Old 02-07-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, sorry sniper for putting the url in the thread title, didn't mean to break the rules, sorry to make you edit it

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty, no prob... running with relaxed rules on linking in here, just trying to stay under the radar, and not push the limits too much...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daily, or at least bi-weekly. I'm waiting for some pending affiliate applications before I post the next few.

Also, the site isn't going "live" for probably another month. It'll be there, but the only link I've posted for it is in this thread.

I plan on having a ton of content before I start worrying about building up traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start posting now and keep writing. Build up a bunch of articles and post one a day. This way the site remains consistent. Plus, if you don't feel like writing some days, you already have content ready to go.

A couple weeks worth of posts should be enough time/content to start promoting. Don't wait for the affiliate links and advertising. If they are for the articles, add them later. No one is visiting the site anyway.

Get a new header. It looks a lot like a header on a sales page. If you are willing to spend the money, put up a contest at DigitalPoint. Its a small expense to make the site look professional. "quality, free, and proven" in the title is unnecessary. "Money Making Strategies For The Intelligent Entrepreneur" is straight to the point and quickly explains what the site is about.

Write more articles like $125/hr post. It is unique. Maybe even try repeating the process with other ventures/products and write about it. There are a million sites writing about money making ideas and general internet strategies. Be different.

If you keep up with the content, consistency, and promotion you should build a following.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM

Warbus, if you're ever near Springfield, Mo, shoot me a pm. I owe you a beer.

You've given me some great advice, and I do appreciate it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for a better header? I know it isn't great, but I do alright with photoshop and fireworks, I can probably do it myself.

I just figured a simple blue header would look pretty good for the site. But I'm definitely open to suggestions.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a new header. It looks a lot like a header on a sales page. If you are willing to spend the money, put up a contest at DigitalPoint. Its a small expense to make the site look professional.

[/ QUOTE ]Can you explain the contest idea a little more?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 PM

Okay, I know it isn't great, but is this header an improvement?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get a new header. It looks a lot like a header on a sales page. If you are willing to spend the money, put up a contest at DigitalPoint. Its a small expense to make the site look professional.

[/ QUOTE ]Can you explain the contest idea a little more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Contests You make an offer of $x for a logo, graphics, web design, etc. Others do the work and submit their designs. Winner gets paid and you get what you need.