Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Will He Ever Be (Close To) The Same???

I think of Ronaldo as like Sandy Koufax in baseball. Neither lasted very long at an incredibly high level; Koufax doesn't really have the greatest career to show. Ronaldo is probably gonna go down as a top 10-20 player of all time, but I don't think it will do him justice. Because when it comes down to it, its like this; if you could have any player to be your striker in their absolute prime, (which we barely even or maybe didn't even get to see with Ronaldo) do you pick anyone else? Do you even pick Pele over Ronaldo? Different ages, etc. etc. but for pure scoring ability...it's gotta be the phenomena.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:33 AM

LoL,

I basically agree with UO. For strikers taking Pele or Ronaldo looking only at peaks would be tight. I would in a heartbeat take Diego Armando Maradona over either, but that's its own thread.

In terms of overall career there are a lot of guys I think did better than Ronaldo. Of attacking players Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Platini, Best, Eusebio, Puskas, Charlton and di Stefano which makes 10. Only a couple of these are debateable and I could give you another 5-10 debateable names as well (Zidane for example). I would probably rank him about 15, which is admittedly much lower than most would (most I would assume would put him somewhere around 9-12). I expect that by the time he is done Ronaldinho will pass Ronaldo, though it's tough to say since they play such different positions.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he needs to lose some weight, but ultimately its all about drive. What does he have left to accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing left internationally...

World Cup goals:

15 - Ronaldo
14 - Gerd Muller

'nuff said.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship it to me!

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I got an email just now saying that his jersey is reduced price. 70 EUR for it. Then again, I don't know if it's cheaper from other merchants. I want it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 09:25 PM

After watching Brazil last night I have to say they look like [censored], Ronaldo (even his new fat version) would help a lot.