Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To me and myself poker is (or I hope it will be) especially
a sport 5 1.52%
a hobby 68 20.73%
a game 82 25.00%
a way of making money 136 41.46%
a way of fighting 3 0.91%
something to do in my life 17 5.18%
important food for my brain 9 2.74%
something else than above 5 1.52%
I really don't know 3 0.91%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: jaime gold = spew

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny that Jaime outwardly admits that he's not a great player, yet defensively justifies his play a la last night in the conversation w/ Matusow as well in his The Circuit interview recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) Isn't this true of everybody? I'm not sure if I've ever played with anybody I thought had an edge on me, but intellectually I know it must be true. Why has nobody quoted him on saying Allen Cunningham is 10x better than him on a normal day (but not on that day)?

(2) I'm not sure why misjudging your ability to bet clay disks on the patterns of 52 pieces of paper is such a loathsome trait.

(3) He thinks that part of the game is instinctively throwing off these false tells, and probably he thinks that he can't play against the pros without this component of his game, scrapping it would just expose his larger tells. He happens to be misguided in his implementation.

(4) All the talk is crap, the test is whether you can walk away from the table. Are there stories of Jamie Gold donking off his roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. if he 'says' cunningham's 10x better, but goes on to justify how all his own plays against him were correct or how he himself actually never made a mistake, then what is actually doing if not inflating himself up to allen's level in a roundabout way.

2. more foolish than loathsome imo.

3. doing stupid things to trick people dumber than you is less skillful than taking their money through quality play.

4. dude won wsop, he's got skill at reading people, it's just funny to see him get owned when better players don't fall for his game. I don't hate the guy but i think his style and personality are lame.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, she's amazing... they had her just sitting back on a couch this episode with her legs crossed, could see a lot of leg... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it funny that she now features in the opening credits!

[/ QUOTE ]

Name please???

[/ QUOTE ]

What i meant was the video sequence at the start, whatever thats called. Her name doesn't actually appear.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:43 AM

i couldnt find it on youtube
does anyone have a link?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, she's amazing... they had her just sitting back on a couch this episode with her legs crossed, could see a lot of leg... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it funny that she now features in the opening credits!

[/ QUOTE ]

Name please???

[/ QUOTE ]

What i meant was the video sequence at the start, whatever thats called. Her name doesn't actually appear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit!!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Now that it has been reported that Gold has settled out of court with Leyser for the remaining six million, it was interesting to note that since Mark Seif was supposedly going to represent Leyser in the suit, I noticed an interesting sequence in that Live at the Bike episode with Gold and Seif.
The table talk between the two wasn't really mentioned by Bart and Shirley, but Gold lays down pocket 10s to Seif AK reraise for 700. Gold tosses his 10s at Seif and then says, I'm going to call my friend and see if I had you beat. Seif doesn't seem to understand that its "Live" at the Bike. and a tiny commotion erupts at the table, with one player even saying, "I thought you couldn't get up to use the phone."
The now infamous scene has Gold busting out to Ed S. a couple of hands later when he did put his short stack in with the best pair on the flop against AK when A comes on the turn, which has been discussed.
I just didn't catch the conversation upon seeing this episode the couple of times I had watched it previously.
It may have started an early grudge for Seif against the would-be champ.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:58 AM

It's a pity the lineup of this table is considerably weaker than previous seasons. It's also been playing quite passively. I imagine JG would be eaten alive if the game was more aggressive and had some better players.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, it's standard delusion. He inflates himself to be a good player internally, but knows it's taboo to be cocky so he covers up his huge ego with self defeating comments he doesn't really believe are true. . . to which the outcome is a muddled and confused demeanor in the presence of people who see through his bull

[/ QUOTE ]

Nailed it.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, it's standard delusion. He inflates himself to be a good player internally, but knows it's taboo to be cocky so he covers up his huge ego with self defeating comments he doesn't really believe are true. . . to which the outcome is a muddled and confused demeanor in the presence of people who see through his bull

[/ QUOTE ]

Nailed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. The most obvious difference to me of his Rounders interview vs the Circuit interview was the false (IMO) modesty that he brought to bear in the latter. I think someone told him that he sounded like an ass (or maybe he realized it on his own) so he adjusted.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 PM

I think Doyle was serious--he would just as soon Gabe leave. With money spigots like Jamie Gold and Victor Ramdin on tap, he was literally clogging up the works for the two or three real pros sitting there.

If I was D. Alaei (sp) I think my head may have exploded. All this easy money at the table and the deck just won't give him a break.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me also voice my opinoin that this is a 100% completely corrrect and spot on analysis.