Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Default 100NL KKs with 2 callers and a tough turn decision

This is full ring table with 3 empty seats so there are just 6 players. Button is kinda LAGgy, no reads on others. I am on a 2 buyin downswing at the moment with cards forcing me to play and then lose. The flop seemed kinda harmless to draws so i wanted to encourage play from weaker hands and save a bit against a flopped set, hence the small flop bet.

UTG $96
UTG+1 empty seat
MP 46.18
MP+1 empty seat
LP empty seat
CO Hero 98.22 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
Button 42.07
SB $15
BB $45

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="blue">Button calls $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP calls $4.5</font>

Flop
pot = 14.25
9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
check, <font color="red">Hero bets 7</font>, <font color="blue">Button calls 7</font>, <font color="#666666">MP folds</font>

pot = 28.25
Turn [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $30</font>, Hero ??

Hero thinks ahhhh crap... now what??

I play at Tribeca Tables and cannot find a convertor so this is all done by hand, maybe a few errors
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: 100NL KKs with 2 callers and a tough turn decision

on the flop you either have to check or bet closer to the pot. any other bet doesnt make much sense. given that i would have done that i cant give advice for the other streets.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM

On the turn SB should be acting first so I'm guessing he just led into you after calling the flop bet. Ugh, this is a tough spot. He's certainly not betting any draws but does he really PSB the turn with a set on this dry of a board? I guess TT/JJ/QQ are in his range but I'm not willing to felt it here with this board. I think I just fold here but I hate it.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:28 PM

I would normally bet around 75% the pot on the flop, but was trying to get cute. The whole hand stinks for me, i coulda bet more PF too.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM

Mistake in manual convert, the SB was actually the Button on the flop, i fixed the post now.. I wish poker tracker had a hand convertor /sigh
Old 02-07-2007, 03:02 PM

flop bet is fine IMO. It's a RR pot and a dry flop so 1/2 PSB is goot.

Turn is a fold.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Played as you said imahomo, i folded the turn and cursed the ace.

I feel i got my money in the pot while i was good in the hand or if villain flopped the set, then i minimised my loses to some extent. I do not always see the value in a 75% PSB in a WA/WB situation unless the board is draw heavy, as it mainly folds what i am beating and keeps alive what beats me. The problem with my line, is that you get tough decisions on later streets as seen here.