Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 AM

Default My new website....

Hey guys. My first forum project site was more of a personal blog, and not a huge money maker. It was http://www.broketoballin.com.

I still plan on updating it, but I'm focusing on bigger projects right now. My first new site is http://www.freemoneymakingguide.com .

I'm no internet guru, and I explain that on the site. But I do know a little bit about scraping up some decent money. I was wondering if anyone would mind taking a look and giving me some feedback on the first couple of articles, layout, ect.

Eventually I plan to market products, offer web design services, and add some other income avenues to the site. I just started on it today, but I think it's going to be an interesting project.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, even if you think they're the worst articles in the world, please let me know. I have found a lot of inspiration in these forums and really value your opinions.

Just as a side note, this is my first attempt at using wordpress as a CMS as opposed to a blog. Any input, comments, suggestions, gripes, all is appreciated.

Also, if anyone read my $30 per hour post, the article I wrote is up, it's titled "Any Idiot Can Make $125 An Hour."

Thanks,

-Scott

P.S. I know this isn't an issue with 99% of you, but please don't click on the ads unless you're interested in what they're offering. It costs fellow internet marketers money, and I don't want google to ban me. Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: My new website....freemoneymakingguide.com

You might want your tagline to mention that the site is about making money online, not just making money. At least, that's the impression I got after skimming your content.

You also might want to include some information about who you are. Why should someone stay at your site instead of reading what's at freemoneyguide.com or freeguidetomoney.com or moneymakingguide.com? How much do you make, how did/do you make it, and how long did it take you to make that much? Where did you learn?

I see one of your posts is entitled "How Many Moron Can Make $125+ Per Hour". Other than the irony in your use of "moron" in the singular when it should be plural, I don't think calling people morons is going to make them read your guide -- especially since there is a possibility they make less than $125/hr, implicitly categorizing them under a term even lesser than "moron".
Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. First of all, while the site will definitely have an emphasis on making money online, I don't want to restrict it to that.

Also, the post is titled "How Any Moron Can Make $125 An Hour." Hence the singular use of "moron".

It's not meant to offend anyone. I'm the moron it refers to, and I just told the story to show how easy it can be to churn up that type of cash if you look for the right opportunities.

Thanks for the feedback. More content on the way.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM

I would reverse the position of the adsense ad and text at the start of the articles. I always find it very annoying when I try to read an article and the first thing I see is an ad. It forces me to readjust to even start reading. People read left to right. If you reverse the ad and text, reading the title and then the article will flow more naturally.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the tip Warbus, I'll give it a shot.

One more thing, I'd really appreciate some feedback on the articles. I'll have many more soon, but probably keep a similar writing style for most of them.

Do they seem interesting? Do they keep you reading? Any other comments or suggestions?

On another note, sorry sniper for putting the url in the thread title, didn't mean to break the rules, sorry to make you edit it.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think calling people morons is going to make them read your guide -- especially since there is a possibility they make less than $125/hr, implicitly categorizing them under a term even lesser than "moron".

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Most people think they are smart or atleast smarter then a moron. So if they see that any moron can do it, they now have confidence that they can do it too.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:03 PM

The point of the title is to catch the readers attention. The same point behind my $30 per hour thread.

It's true that any moron could have done exactly what I explain in the article. I used the title to get them to read it, and hopefully the article is interesting and useful enough to keep them coming back.

Same thing with the other post "Jobs Are For Suckers", do I think anyone who doesn't run their own business is a sucker? Of course not. The article describes the pro's and cons of owning your own business, or working for yourself.

I don't think my readers with jobs are suckers, it's just a title to catch attention and spark curiosity.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM

I wouldn't worry about the "moron" thing. The "for dummies" series of books seems to be doing pretty well for that company.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 PM

How often are you planning on adding new articles?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Daily, or at least bi-weekly. I'm waiting for some pending affiliate applications before I post the next few.

Also, the site isn't going "live" for probably another month. It'll be there, but the only link I've posted for it is in this thread.

I plan on having a ton of content before I start worrying about building up traffic.