Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (week of 2/6 - World HU Champ.)

Here's a spreadsheet of the brackets for the Heads Up Challenge. Don't look at it if you don't want to know the results from yesterday.
2007 Poker Netcast Heads Up Challenge Brackets & Results
Old 02-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Message for Bart Hanson

Hey buddy - I feel for you, I truly do. These complainers out here think like the staff is doing it purposely to screw them, when I'm sure they're more upset and under pressure than anyone - and you as the "face" and "voice" of the show have to put up with attacks that surely aren't directed at you.

To all the complainers - lighten up - stuff happens in life. If missing a night of poker viewing is the worst thing that ever happens to you, then that ain't bad.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM

anyone know what time they are starting/started today. Are they supposed to be starting on time at 3?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know what time they are starting/started today. Are they supposed to be starting on time at 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Per prior posts on the subject, there will be at least a 30 minute delay of the live feed so they can protect the game's integrity - and archive shows will not be available until after the tourney is over.

- T
Old 02-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (week of 2/6 - World HU Champ.)

Nah I am probably just a little pissed that I left a juicy game, to come home and watch, its all good, just hope it gets resolved. Also I missed a bunch of the match-ups I was really interested in, but whatever.
Here's to today, I really hope it goes well, happy viewing everyone.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Actually Tony, I think the feed does start at 3 (Pacific Time). The tourney starts at 2, but they were planning a one hour delay, although the Mighty Bostin said they'd try to start a few minutes early to set up and do some intros.

Let's all hope the technical glitches are worked out.

And Tony, I like your play, for whatever its worth - probably not much coming for a donk like me.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:16 PM

should it be started yet? how long till the stated start time?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM

getting very confued lol
can someone please let me know?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:24 PM

It starts 3:00 p.m. PACIFIC time.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:46 PM

I was there yesterday about an hour and a half early. I can't tell you how much work was going into this production. The sound, video people, computer geeks, networking group, Bostin and Bart on the set doing warm ups and lead in and B rolls. The make up girl (that hottie, Cindy), Eveline stressed as always, Ray, Issac, Ronnie, Donna. The whole group was working it's ass off to bring us all a great production. So, $hit happens. Sometimes things don't work out. I was anxious to see some of the match ups also, not only mine, but I could not.

I am over it. It cost me $10k, and you are complaining about $9.95? Send me your address, I'll mail you a check!

I am hoping they get it going now, as this will be one of the first of it's kind and could set the stage for a lot of future events. Bart has done a great job organizing this thing (trying to get 64 poker players to agree to times, dates, committments and parting with 10K is no easy task) Hell his diet alone has stressed him.

All I'm saying is cut the group some slack. They are not out to screw anyone or rip you off. The honestly want to make this happen.