5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $65.35
CO: $412.80
Button: $244.25
SB: $373.85
Hero: $367

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $24</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($73, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $150</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $100 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $173

A lot of bad players will commit here with hands worse than mine, + i didn't want a hand like JJ to fold if a K or A hit the turn. My other idea was to try to b3b but i don't know if that line would have been better here.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: help me get value

Problem is your hand looks like TT+/AQs/AQ when you cold call the 3-bet pf so they will be very cautious. If CO bets into you it is probably with the intention of folding JJ-/AK. You will stack KK here every time whether you raise or just call. QQ it depends on the player but will probably give you action.

You basically aren't afraid of any cards coming on the turn. An A is unlikely and there's no fd. THus I think calling makes the decision of CO on the turn much tougher. If the turn blanks and he checks I would seriously consider checking behind unless he's wreckless or has difficulty folding medium strength hands. This way you induce a call/bet from QQ/JJ.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: help me get value

Check-raising gets them to fold much more easily than leading. I lead.