View Poll Results: Flop
Check behind 0 0%
Bet and fold to raise 10 66.67%
Bet and call raise 5 33.33%
Bet and reraise raise 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Guardian newspaper confirms FBI seizure of some Neteller funds.

[ QUOTE ]
Quick suggestion to Mike Haven...instead of locking all other Neteller threads, would it be possible to merge them into this one (at least ones that aren't entirely repetitive)? I know that's how they do it on some other forums, but I don't know if this software is capable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not possible, I'm afraid, or I would do it if I could.

However the poster, or anyone else, could certainly add a link, here, to any other thread that they wish to discuss.

As I'm sure you know, this is a purely temporary measure to try to tidy up the forum, which was getting out of hand and virtually unreadable because of many "selfish" readers simply posting a new thread rather than scan-reading the first hundred existing posts, where the odds are that his answer is already there.

I've just been called a [censored] [censored] [censored] with a [censored] [censored] by one poster who I have never even seen or heard of before, for deleting his one-line pointless question, before more than half a dozen people had read it, so I am well aware that I can't win. The regular readers don't want the jumble of the repetitive threads, and the selfish readers, who think the sun revolves around them, don't want to make any effort to fit in with reasonable forum etiquette.

I hope that once people realise that Neteller isn't going to pay them until they are ready to, be that in two weeks or two years, this forum posts (minimal in comparison) problem will fade, in any case.

There is ATF discussion to suggest a new temporary Neteller (and other payment methods) forum. If you think that's a good idea, please go and add your weight to it.

To end, Jim and I are juggling balls here. We appreciate receiving sensible suggestions, like yours, but foul-mouthed slagging we could really do without at this dificult time for all.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Presumably, a foreign government could freeze funds at the request of the US government. This seems unlikely because Neteller has not been charged with a crime, only 2 stackholders and former executives. Also, the countries where Neteller operates consider online gambling a legitimate business.

Maybe Neteller never expected all the money to be withdrawn at one time, and they don't have it. The money could have been siphoned off somewhere a while ago. Having a business that holds large sums of money can be a great oportunity. Ask the savings and loans. Why assume they operate like a legitimate bank.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no lawyer, but I think the government pretty much can seize your funds if they want, they just have to accuse you of some sort of wrong doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They accuse the funds of wrong doing and take them. As property, they have no rights, so you have to prove they were legitimate. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...orfeiture.html

"over 80% of the people whose property is seized under civil law are never even charged with a crime according to one study of over 500 federal cases by the Pittsburgh Press."

As for the other question, can the government take money from a foreign bank account? Yes, they can thanks to the Patriot Act.

[ QUOTE ]

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.
George Washington

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no lawyer, but I think the government pretty much can seize your funds if they want, they just have to accuse you of some sort of wrong doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They accuse the funds of wrong doing and take them. As property, they have no rights, so you have to prove they were legitimate. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...orfeiture.html

"over 80% of the people whose property is seized under civil law are never even charged with a crime according to one study of over 500 federal cases by the Pittsburgh Press."

As for the other question, can the government take money from a foreign bank account? Yes, they can thanks to the Patriot Act.

[ QUOTE ]

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.
George Washington

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the bank is on foreign soil, how will they do this? They would need either the government or company in question to go along with this. I'm not saying whether they would or wouldn't, just suggesting they will need some cooperation to make this happen.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the bank is on foreign soil, how will they do this? They would need either the government or company in question to go along with this. I'm not saying whether they would or wouldn't, just suggesting they will need some cooperation to make this happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bank does not have to do business in the US, it just has to do business with US banks. Here's a 2003 NYT article:
http://foi.missouri.edu/usapatriotact/uscautiously.html

[ QUOTE ]

Most overseas banks maintain what are called "correspondent accounts" in American banks, allowing them to exchange American currency and handle other financial transactions in this country. Section 319 of the Patriot Act, as the legislation that grew out of the Sept. 11 attacks is known, allows federal authorities to seize money from the foreign bank's correspondent account if they can convince a judge that the money deposited overseas at the bank was obtained illicitly.

Information about the seizures has been tightly guarded, and federal judges have sealed the records on most of them. The Justice Department acknowledged two cases in which authorities have seized a total of more than $2 million from foreign banks, but declined to give the total number of seizures.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Sell your NT Debt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
m_t_k -

I think most of us are less worried about Neteller execs absconding with the money than we are concerned about the DOJ deciding it could use an non-traditional budget increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. From when the proud Americans have so little faith in their own government?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most scholars believe that it stems from Prohibition which turned the majority of Americans into criminals. Then again, it could go back to the founding of the country which involved a violent overthrow of a repressive government. Why do you think that we felt the need to specifically limit the powers of the Federal government through the Bill of Rights?

Distrust of authority / government is practically an American tradition.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: The official NETELLER thread. (20 days on.)

Hi all,

I´m not a US citizen, but need to move money from neteller to epassporte, is there any form of doing it?

Regards, Sandokan.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 PM

my acct is still closed in neteller. and noone is answering the stupid security phone #! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I´m not a US citizen, but need to move money from neteller to epassporte, is there any form of doing it?

Regards, Sandokan.

[/ QUOTE ]Try Pitbull Poker.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Pretending like the FBI has seized all of neteller's bank accounts just gives them an excuse not to pay. I think what was seized was money in the US from the ACH processor and JSL.

The sooner everyone stops making excuses for neteller, the better off everyone will be

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2006707,00.html
Closed Thread