Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Default UB 6 max NL cash- too dried up?

I have been playing 50nl and 100nl on UB for about 25k hands, and I'm pretty surprised that the players aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I have a good rakeback deal, plus the Ultimatepoints for cash promo UB has going on, so I would be hesitant to change sites. My other options would be Stars and FullTilt- does anyone recommend switching to attain a higher winrate? Over 25k hands (albeit a fairly small sample size) I am achieving 4.3ptBB/100 at 50nl (usually three-tabling) and 3.7ptBB/100 at 100nl, usually two-tabling. Of course I have leaks in my game which could be part of the problem, but I'm just exploring other options right now. Thanks in advance for your input. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: UB 6 max NL cash- too dried up?

if your acheiving a solid 5/6 ptbb/100 including the rakeback you should be pretty happy altough 5-10 is doable, while only 2 tabling on stars
Old 02-06-2007, 03:34 PM

UB is so so so
so so so
crushable
SO SO SO crushable. You need to adjust, different sites have different dynamics.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:17 PM

I agree with UB having different dynamics; Seems as though many players are TAG, using the bet pot button often and disregarding position for the most part.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:53 PM

I agree Scansion. I mostly play the 100 NL games at UB and for the most part it is filled with regular TAGs. I'm in the same position as you, where their conversion promotion plus rakeback keeps me at the site for now.

Define - What kind of adjustments do you suggest making for the UB dynamic?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:58 PM

At FTP I am 6.5 PTBB/100 over my recent return to 6-max (32k hands). I'd say I'm approaching my limit to what I can beat that game for and I'd say my leaks are fairly minimal.

EDIT: I'm at $50NL currently and I 8-table.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing 50nl and 100nl on UB for about 25k hands, and I'm pretty surprised that the players aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I have a good rakeback deal, plus the Ultimatepoints for cash promo UB has going on, so I would be hesitant to change sites. My other options would be Stars and FullTilt- does anyone recommend switching to attain a higher winrate? Over 25k hands (albeit a fairly small sample size) I am achieving 4.3ptBB/100 at 50nl (usually three-tabling) and 3.7ptBB/100 at 100nl, usually two-tabling. Of course I have leaks in my game which could be part of the problem, but I'm just exploring other options right now. Thanks in advance for your input. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FT is prob harder than UB. Pstars is the softest. I'd go there since they have resizable tables.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:03 PM

I play 100nl 6max 4 tables at FTP and over 12k hands (not much I know) got 7-8ptbb/100 (with leaks), mixed players (25/10, 22/14, 30/15-10, 13/7), but at least 1 (to 2) overloose players on each table can be founded (and passive 30>/10&lt making pretty bad mistakes, I would suggest you to try FTP for some time, I think you won't be regret it imo, just try... could return to UB in case if you dislike FTP
Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM

UB is a ROCK GARDEN!!!1!!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM

I've been playing 50nl at UB for about 3 weeks now and I have to say it seems to have actually changed in this short period of time. When I first got there I couldn't believe how easy the money was. However, it seemed to get progressively tighter, possibly because of the neteller and click2pay issues in the USA. I literally got my money from Stars to UB hours or maybe minutes before Neteller got shut down. I was lucky.

my solution to the TAGs was to "open up my game" (loosen up a bit and get opportunistically super-aggro) which worked against the TAGs and the weak players alike brilliantly. that is, it worked until my biggest downswing ever, which i've made multiple posts bitching about.

TAGs are tougher to make money from, but they're not unbeatable. you just have to keep your eyes wide open, be rolled properly and be willing to put up with some "variance", to put it mildly. you may also have to cut back on the number of tables you play at first.

-edit-

but i have to mention the 25NL on UB is SUPER-weak and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy money.

-edit again-

UB seems really fast and hard to multi-table on though for me. I could play 4 tables on stars easily but on UB i always seem to be rushing.