Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Heroes 2/5

btw, everytime they mention kermit i chuckle and think of this story. about two years ago just before the presidential elections i had to go to kermit for work. in town i drove by a dilapidated mobile home on the side of the road. it had this huge 10' george bush sign out front that just amused me. i turned my car around and took a picture of it with my cell phone and kept it as my cell wall paper.

i figured the owner of the mobile home must have thought, "because of bush i have this run down mobile home on the side of the highway in kermit. let's stay the course."
Old 02-06-2007, 12:08 PM

I liked this weeks episode over the last few but it is not as good as it could be. I was fine with there being so many characters and different subplots at the beginning as we were just finding things out, but having all these different subplots that are moving so slowly is annoying. Did we really need to see that Nikki can't control Jessica one more time? That time could have been used to keep move the plot forward.

Another problem I have is the small things that just don't make any sense. For instance, why would Sylar keep HRG alive? He knows he's pretty much the only one who can stop him (with help from the Haitian) or even knows what he looks like, just kill the guy already.

I really like the show but I think it should be so much better.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what does hrg stand for? i know who yer talking about but what's hrg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, HRG = Horned Rimmed Glasses = Mr. Bennet. There was a Simpsonsesque moment where we were about to find out his first name from his wife, but then she got interrupted.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM

zomg goosebumps from ending

*almost* compensates for the [censored] episode hiro and ando were put through.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

So is it pretty much a given now that HRG doesn't have any special powers, or have i forgotten something from a previous episode?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM

I don't know that it's a given, but we haven't seen any evidence of it. My question is how did the invisible mentor guy knock out peter, who had just managed to heal after falling 10 stories? Peter said he thought of Claire just before he hit the ground, does that mean that he has to consciously call up his powers before hand in order to use them (when he's not near another hero)? That makes him alot weaker than I was thinking, you can still take him out if you move fast enough.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it pretty much a given now that HRG doesn't have any special powers, or have i forgotten something from a previous episode?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty clear that he's not super now. I was thinking there might have been some ambiguity with him and the Hatian. I was thinking that the Hatian might just have the mental-carve-out power and HRG has some of the nullifier powers, but that's clearly not the case. I guess the writers could still be saving it up for some big twist, but I'd be pretty mad at them for having him choose not to use his secret power against Sylar.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM

Won a bet with my wife that Claire's dad was frying man. Huzzah.

The Haitian and Mr. Invisible seem to be teachers, with Sylar and Peter having similar powers.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so the theory that every hero is connected, like genetically connected makes a lot of sense now. now the question is...who will be the father/mother of them all?

[/ QUOTE ]

DL, the Haitian and Hiro seem to be rather significant problems with that theory.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how did the invisible mentor guy knock out peter, who had just managed to heal after falling 10 stories? Peter said he thought of Claire just before he hit the ground, does that mean that he has to consciously call up his powers before hand in order to use them (when he's not near another hero)? That makes him alot weaker than I was thinking, you can still take him out if you move fast enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) Peter said that he had to consciously and very vividly not only recall Claire, but the way she acted, made him feel etc.

2.) Claires power seems to be regenerative in nature - I don't think this would necessarily mean that you couldn't be knocked unconscious.