Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: HSBC New Money earns 6%

Again, look at COUNTRYWIDE..........
Old 01-30-2007, 02:50 PM

I just opened and got approved, waiting on them sending me my personal ID and stuff. There was no need to link a checking account, I just had to fund it initially (min $1.00) through checking account or mail-in-check, so I linked a checking account and deposited $10. I'll be depositing the checks via ATM I suppose shortly. Thanks for the thread and help everyone!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 AM

What if you cash everything out into your checking account and then re-deposit? Or did the fine print eliminate that loophole? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 AM

I'm sure that loophole is closed. My guess is that they look at the net change in balance. This is what ING like a year ago.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:30 AM

It has to be new money...so I'm assuming greater than your present balance.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you cash everything out into your checking account and then re-deposit? Or did the fine print eliminate that loophole? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately the loophole is indeed non-existent. In the fine prints, there is a clause that states money exists in account on Jan 26 does not qualify and if you withdraw and redeposit, it would not qualify as new money.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 AM

I recently started my application online. Today I finally got my verification deposits. I finished my application and it says "approved". However, under "Funding Status" it says "Your trial deposits were successfully verified. We are ready to fund your account as soon as we finish processing your application."

How long does that take? Also I still don't have a username or password?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:36 AM

I remember last year when I applied the username and password came through snail mail. If memory serves me correctly it took about 2 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Wow, I'm definitely going to mosey on over to HSBC. My ING account makes me $115/mo. HSBC would get me an extra $30/mo.

Plus, when their rate goes back down it only goes down to 5.05% (still higher than ING). I will leave the interest I've earned in ING to keep the ability to make referrals.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Wow. Setting up this account is harder than hell compared to ING.

When you set your account up, after verifying your trial deposits, they'll send you a temporary log-in name AND in the SNAIL MAIL they will send you your TEMPORARY password. Wow. OK, once you get that in the mail you can log on and see your initial deposit that (I) already made from my checking account.

Now I'm ready to make another deposit (from teh checking account I already verified), but it's not listed under "From" in the Transfer area. So I call customer service, on hold for 10 minutes, get an Indian guy I can barely understand who tells me I have to "Add" my account to the site. Adding it entails verifying two more trial deposits YET AGAIN! I told him I already verified my account upon first funding and he said you have to do it twice. Verify twice. That is funny. So now I have to waste another 3 days.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ING was 50 million times better, but I suppose for the extra % all this ridiculous hassle is worth it.