Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Carson City - Fandango

I saw only 1 thread about the Fandango in the B&M forum and it said it was a rock garden. Not last Saturday night!

I played the 4-8 1/2 kill and most of the time it was a kill pot. 7-9 people to the flop was not unusual. Kill pot or no kill pot. I of course continued my B&M theme of losing with every big pocket pair or getting cold carded. Over 2 hours, I won 1 hand, but it kept me even until this hand:

Nit1 in lmp and semi-nit in co-1 are the featured players in this tale. Nit1 had previously won on a 4 flush board with 72o and was asked "If you play that, what do you throw away?" Obvious answer is nothing. 7 players to the flop in an unraised kill hand. Flop is 77T and is checked around. Turn is another T and this time Nit1 bets, semi-nit raises, 1 call, rest folds then nit1 calls. River is 7 and this time action is bet, raise, fold, raise, raise etc. etc. etc. until Semi-nit is all-in. Semi-nit wins the pot with quad tens and nit1 wins the bad beat jackpot with quad 7s. His other card was a Queen. Offsuit of course.

The BB jackpot was worth 10K, so nit1 wins 5K, semi-nit won 3K and the other 8 of us split 2K. I think the dealer made about $800 or $900 in tips from the table.

First time I had ever seen a bad beat jackpot won. Some day, maybe I can be actually involved in one. Of course, some day I'd like to be able to win pocket pairs too!

Cheers,
NBB